• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad times .

Andy1968

A few weeks back when i was at the dietician,i was told that my PCT wanted me to go on a weight management course ( carnegie more-life or something) for another 6 months.I told the person at more-life that i was near finishing a 6 month course with my dietician and they said it didn't matter...Anyway,at the time i phoned the PCT and told them and they said that they wouldn't put me on another 6 months as i was already on one.

Well,today i got a call from more-life telling me that i need to 'have a chat for about 30 mins' about how they wanted to treat me while on their course !!

I said that i was told i didn't have to go on it because of the 6 months i'd done ( bar 2 weeks) with the dietician and the PCT told me that aswell.

Anyway,i rang the PCT again and she said that i DID have to do another 6 months with more-life
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

I told her that i had done everything i was asked of...only ever missed 1 appointment and that was due to my daughter going into Hospital under GA...I have lost just over a stone in weight,and on top of that i have now got sleep apnoea.!

After this she said she would talk to her Director and ring me back on Tuesday

I said to her i was seeing a Professor tomorrow and she said that wasn't right because he's not at the Hospital that my PCT deal with.

So i don't know what the Hell is going on now but it certainly looks like they have moved the goalposts yet again.

I really can't do another 6 months weight management,making it a year of doing it only for them to move the goalposts again...and i know that if i don't get anything by 2013 i'll never get it because the funding is then being handed to the GP's & my GP has already told me i won't get it.
icon_cry.gif

This more-life is a 2hour session every 2 weeks..apparently 1&half hours is talking about what you eat and the rest is doing exercise...Has anyone been on or currently on a more-life course??

So tomorrow i feel is not going to be very exciting now because my PCT still have to pay for my surgery regardless of what this Professor says.

My only hope is that the PCT feel that i've done enough over the 6 months but why would they put me through and not no one else?

I can't believe all this..i knew i was in for a rough time but this takes the biscuit.

Andy x
icon_cry.gif

oh Andy im so sorry :( they dont realise what they are doing to us :( I wish i could help you xxx

oh Andy, please don't lose faith. the system s cr*p! see what the professor has to say. keeping my fingers crossed for good news for you

take care
xxx

Aw Andy ... I am so sorry :sigh: I can't offer you any help but would like you to know I really feel for you & hope you have some good news asap ... :wave_cry: xx

They are unbelievable !!!
Get a good strong letter sent into the PCT tell them the effects its having on your state of mind and give them a load of reasons why this is the only way forward for you make it as strong and heart felt as you can hun, i went back too 16 years old! send it signed for so they can't say it did not arrive and keep strong xxxxxxxxxx

Oh for goodness sake Andy, I could cry for you. I know what you've been through and how much this all means to you too. I can't believe they are messing you around so much and I know it can't be doing your head any good either. All I can say as I've said in the past, it will happen, and when it does you will have a new life. Don't give up Love, keep plodding and you'll get there. And thats from someone who's waited 3 years to get to this stage.

Lots of love Andy.

Kate xxx

I am so sorry they r messing u about again Hun, I hope it sorts and goes your way, sometimes there is a lack of communication between the departments so hopefully this professor can shed some light for you. (((hugs))) keep yr chin up, I fought for almost 3 years and can honestly say now that it was worth every day of battle!

Oh andy keep on at them, whats the point you doing another session, will they not be the same dont give up xxxx

I totally hear you and hope you get what you want and NEED sooner rather than later. I am fed up us all being treated like a hospital number and not people. Really sucks! Xxx

Aww Andy I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope you get some clarity soon xx

Good luck Andy x

from me phone :D

Good luck Andy. Hope it goes well x

good luck andy and hope you get results at your appointment, i know what you are going through and am here if u need to talk hun keep smiling

Keeping everything i can crossed for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Back