• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Maybe some good news....

Twinkle, you are so what your name is, a beautiful shining star. Thank you for your lovely words, wishes and encouragement. It helps loads.

I guess I have made trying to lose weight my focus. My weight management doc said the more I can lose, the safer the op. I was worried I could lose too much. I am now starting to wonder if I lose anymore if it will end up shooting me in the foot lol.

However, if I did not have weight loss to focus on, I may e going around the end over all the mess around. I think I have an addictive personality. So when I am not eating crap, it turns to whatever I am doing not to eat crap and anything else that will get me where I want to go. I need to work on that lol

Twinkle, you are so what your name is, a beautiful shining star. Thank you for your lovely words, wishes and encouragement. It helps loads.

I guess I have made trying to lose weight my focus. My weight management doc said the more I can lose, the safer the op. I was worried I could lose too much. I am now starting to wonder if I lose anymore if it will end up shooting me in the foot lol.

However, if I did not have weight loss to focus on, I may e going around the end over all the mess around. I think I have an addictive personality. So when I am not eating crap, it turns to whatever I am doing not to eat crap and anything else that will get me where I want to go. I need to work on that lol

Ah, bless you, honey ... you won't be penalised for losing too much weight ... it is seen as a sign of your commitment :) & you certainly are. You are within a whisker of getting what you have been trying for, for so long, so don't lose your focus but still enjoy each day now. :) I often think that if the people making the decisions could read the heartfelt posts on here they might be a bit fairer in how they allocate the limited funds they have. :sigh: Ah well, that's in an ideal world ... but then again in an ideal world we would all be slim, lol :):) xxx

You are so right xxx I wish we could make the funding applications with the surgeon, so they could see our individual stories and so we could feel like not just a hospital number and a BMI.

In an ideal world we certainly would all be slim. I really am hoping against hope that the PCT see I have done enough and I get my op. If they decide otherwise, I will fight them...Just hope it doesnt have to come to that. Hope to be able to start another thread soon saying 'YAY!! I HAVE MY FUNDING' lol

You are so right xxx I wish we could make the funding applications with the surgeon, so they could see our individual stories and so we could feel like not just a hospital number and a BMI.

In an ideal world we certainly would all be slim. I really am hoping against hope that the PCT see I have done enough and I get my op. If they decide otherwise, I will fight them...Just hope it doesnt have to come to that. Hope to be able to start another thread soon saying 'YAY!! I HAVE MY FUNDING' lol
absolutely ditto!!! lol

A letter came from my hospital today... I opened it shaking and it was just a letter to my GP to the surgeon lol

I think it's nice they send me copies though.

The letter was nice and it showed just how supportive the surgeon is of me having a gastric bypass. He actually listened to me too and documented everything I said correctly (the bariatric physician always got it wrong lol)

Feeling a bit more positive. Don't know why, but makes me feel supported x

Last edited:
Oh that's great fuffs, at least you know it's all moving along :) good luck xxx

from me phone :D

glad you are getting good news for once fuffs, it will be your turn soon on that loosers bench, along with caron and me following behind. x x

It will be great when it is our turn!!! :) thank you very much for the kind words ladies. The wonderful support helps so much! X

Back