• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band being fitted on the 20th January

darrenhannaford

Hi my name is Darren and I will be going to Musgrove Park hospital in Taunton on the 20th of January to have my gastric band fitted, I am a little bit nervous but very excited at the same time.

hi Darren .. had mine done by THG on the 27th dec 2013 and was so nervous but now looking back it was a walk really.. all il say is buy peppermint cordial and have lots n lots of it with hot water ..... gets rid of the wind faster than peppermint tea.. all the best and keep us updated on how it goes x

Welcome - not long now :)

You'll be fine, a bit of nerves is normal

hello Darren, good luck with the path your on, let us know how things go.

thanks for all the welcomes, I am in the middle of my liver shrinking diet at the moment and things aren't too bad, just feel a little bit tired and slightly irritable but the kids are getting used to that!!!

hi and welcome good luck with your journey will watch for updates

Hi Darren
All the best for the pre-op diet .... Not easy but definitely worth it!
Keep us posted!

I found the pre diet the hardest, I was banded 9 days ago and now on the liquid diet until next Sunday. It such a good feeling once you've been banded and you get on the scales and see the weight disappearing!

Hi and welcome Darren! Good luck with the op, I was banded back in September and I've had no problems at all, just had my 3rd fill this week.

Hi hope it all went well for you today... Keep us posted and all the best for a super speedy recovery :)

Hi Darren, hope all went well today x

hope all went well plenty of rest for a speedy recovery

Back