• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 week countdown

frankyboysh7

2 weeks tomorrow I am off to Birmingham for my band.

I'd have it tomorrow if I could.
I cant see it as anything but positive.

Reading the success stories on here is very inspiring.

I'd love to jump 3-6 months into the future.

Cant wait.

Best of luck I bet you can't wait :)

Too right!
Like I say, I wanted it sooner, but couldnt get the time off work.
Im planning on totally embracing it.
I see youve had a bypass. When did you have that?
Hows it working out for you?

Too right!
Like I say, I wanted it sooner, but couldnt get the time off work.
Im planning on totally embracing it.
I see youve had a bypass. When did you have that?
Hows it working out for you?

Not had it done yet, I am self funding and still in the process of researching and trying to juggle work. I am hoping to get it done before Xmas though.

2 weeks tomorrow I am off to Birmingham for my band.

I'd have it tomorrow if I could.
I cant see it as anything but positive.

Reading the success stories on here is very inspiring.

I'd love to jump 3-6 months into the future.

Cant wait.

I was so impatient waiting for mine.. But two weeks will fly, then the fun starts, the band is a slow process and takes time, but most seem to get great results.. When do u start the pre op diet?

Well, my surgeon has put me on a diet. 1200 calories a day. But they haven't said anything about going on a liquid diet or anything. It seems most of the people on here do the milk diet or a vlcd.
I'm speaking to them tomorrow, so I'll double check.
If I do have to do a life op specific diary - it'll start tomorrow I guess. 2 weeks before the op.
I know it's not a magic wand, I'm going to work with it. Should be fun!!!

I had three weeks on milk and yogurt. It wasn't my favourite time, but it did prepare me for the weeks on liquids and then mush post-op.
The two weeks will fly by, I can't believe it's over a month since my op - where on earth did the time go?

Excited for you. While its not an easy journey for everyone, if you take control, it doesn't need to be a slow process necessarily, or even the 'poor relation' of other weight loss surgery methods. There are many banders who have lost more than 100% of their excess weight. I dropped over 150lbs and at least 100% of my desired weight loss in less than a year. You could too ... Reads to me like you are positive and prepared ... two great attributes towards achieving success :) best of luck, and get your diary started ... Looking forward to reading your updates!

Thanks Flutterby.
I've lost weight before in chunks of 5 or 7 stone on horrible diets line lighter life. But only ever for holidays or family dos. I've never got anywhere near to what I should weigh. Then over a year a two it all goes back on.
Now I want to lose it for good. I don't want to hit middle age the size I am.
I'd love to shift a massive lump in a year.
But I didn't put this on overnight, so I'm not in a rush to lose it.
But my confidence is shot to pieces right now. Strangely even more so since my banding consultation. I think there was the mixture of learning what I actually weighed and then the realisation that I needed surgical help to get things under control.
Bring it on!

Well, my surgeon has put me on a diet. 1200 calories a day. But they haven't said anything about going on a liquid diet or anything. It seems most of the people on here do the milk diet or a vlcd.
I'm speaking to them tomorrow, so I'll double check.
If I do have to do a life op specific diary - it'll start tomorrow I guess. 2 weeks before the op.
I know it's not a magic wand, I'm going to work with it. Should be fun!!!

Welcome :)

Not all providers follow a liquid diet and I'm not sure which provider you're going through but I also had mr super. The low cal low carb diet was what was suggested to me too. I actually followed the milk diet through choice and found I set me in good preparation for post op liquids only :)

The band isn't a magic wand and if you work with it it's great, also some people think that restriction will kick in after a fill or two - 13 months on i'm still trying to get there lol but I love my band :)

The consultant said I should only need two or 3 fills? And that I'll be losing weight straight away.
I'm having the operation done privately through Healthier Weight Group, by Mr Super. But I haven't met him yet. I met another surgeon at my consultation.
He just said to me to go on a diet of no more than 1200 calories a day, but he wasn't specific about carbs or anything.
Like I say, I'm phoning them tomorrow.
I know you have to work with the band, and god knows I'm going to. I can't wait.
Thanks for the info.

The consultant said I should only need two or 3 fills? And that I'll be losing weight straight away.
I'm having the operation done privately through Healthier Weight Group, by Mr Super. But I haven't met him yet. I met another surgeon at my consultation.
He just said to me to go on a diet of no more than 1200 calories a day, but he wasn't specific about carbs or anything.
Like I say, I'm phoning them tomorrow.
I know you have to work with the band, and god knows I'm going to. I can't wait.
Thanks for the info.

I had mine done via healthier weight and mr super was my surgeon, done at the spire Solihull lol

No-one can predict how many fills It will take you to get to a level of restriction -it really does vary. Some have 2-3. Some people have many more. you would have met Dr Ashton at your consultation and you'll meet Mr Super at the hospital :). As I say I've now had 7, I'm also 13 months out from my surgery and still have yet to find restriction from my band, I've lost 10 stone thr ought the control, willpower and choices of what I have eaten, but HW are now working with me to try to find restriction so am due another fill next week only 2 weeks after the previous.

HW offer great pre, during and post op care and I can only recommend them, but they also say that most people only lose 50-60% and for me they've been wrong on that one too lol

HW don't recommend the liquid it bu will try to promote their own low fat foods and shakes which some users have tried, I just found the milk diet easier as it helped me prepare for post op but also because it was easier than limiting to 1200 cals a day. Their guidelines post op tho in the book are very good :)

Good luck! I have less than two weeks to wait now, and I'm very excited!

I'm looking forward to changing my eating habits for good.

Just been emailed by the company organising my banding.

Pre op diet.
800 calories a day.
Hardly any carbs.

Here we go!!!

Bring it on.

Good luck :)

This is where, with the 800 cals, that you may find the milk diet worth doing :) it takes away the stress of trying to fit food in under 800 cals, especially if you move over to skimmed milk :)

You're off - good luck and shout if you need anything! I read the post you made about how you felt after your consultation - I felt that way too. Hearing someone tell you that you weight 24 stone isn't easy!

But, it can be a most wonderful life changing thing, I had my first band fill on my 40th birthday last year, in two weeks I shall turn 41 - and I will be over 10 stone lighter, 9 dress sizes smaller. And even the MD of one of the companies I run commented today "If you get any smaller you'll be fitting through the keyhole" lol - it is the first time he has actually commented on the big changes really. The first time he has said how marvellous I look - as soon as you start getting these comments, it really helps the self esteem, but hopefully when you start seeing the weight come off, when YOU have that focus, when YOU are achieving it, take the positives as that really helps build the self esteem up for you, by you. And I really understand thats not an easy thing to do :)

Mr Super is great - very blunt, very to the point. He doesn't mince his words. Dr Ashton even asked me at a recent appointment whether I found him too blunt as I think some people had commented, but I loved his forward and blunt approach - when we have been in denial for so long about our weight, I think we need it at this time, but not once did I felt judged for being the 24 stone fat bird walking to theatre lol

Thanks for your very open response.
I appreciate it.
I love how every one on this site is honest and open and willing to talk to others.
I can see myself using this site a lot.

I was warned at my initial consultation that Mr Super was very to the point etc! They said to make sure I stick to the diet so that he sees a weight loss and so that he doesnt tear me a new one! Lol.

I'll stick exactly to the plan. No way Im going to do anything to jeopardise the op.
Good times are hopefully just round the corner!

They are indeed :)

Back