• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band fill

joey80

hey guys im jus after a bit of advice, im due to have my 1st band fill on 4th of nov, do ne of u have ne tips advice or any usefull info for me plz not really sure what to expect????

mucho's gratsia:)

joey xxxxx

It depends on your provider to be honest. Mine have all been by injection only ie no xray. Never had a problem, sharp scratch and done x

Same as Mazza really - nothing to it ! Ive had 3 fills now and each one was plain sailing -I'd wear some old or dark underwear and top as you may get a bit of iodine on them ( I never have) plus depends where your port is - some are in the tummy area and others like mine are smack bang in the middle of my boobs so I usually wear a lower cut bra so I don't have to be hoisting bits out of the way!

You'll be absolutely fine xxx

i know i not to eat b4, but wha about after? will i feel hungry or not cause only liquid im allowed to have aint i? xx

You really need to ask your provider what you can and cant have. If they havent told you ask for a post fill diet sheet.

I have to stay liquids only for the day of the fill then 2 more, 3 days sloppies then normal food after a week.

You might feel hungry but if you are have something, soup, milkshake etc if you have to stick to liquids.

Hiya Jo,how you doing can see your weight still falling off,well done you.
How you feeling about having a fill do you feel like you need one? Im finding it hard to recognise what i need,I still get full eating a smaller than usual meal but i can tolerate anything ,small pieces of chicken beef even bread and i do get v hungry.am consuming an average of 1100 cals which when i read banders food diarys seems loads too much. cant have a fill yet anyway as my op site is still infected. Good luck hope it goes well for you.
mich xx

Hiya Jo,how you doing can see your weight still falling off,well done you.
How you feeling about having a fill do you feel like you need one? Im finding it hard to recognise what i need,I still get full eating a smaller than usual meal but i can tolerate anything ,small pieces of chicken beef even bread and i do get v hungry.am consuming an average of 1100 cals which when i read banders food diarys seems loads too much. cant have a fill yet anyway as my op site is still infected. Good luck hope it goes well for you.
mich xx

Hi Mich

My advice - dont eat things such as bread just because you can, eat more veg etc with your protein instead. Most post op diet sheets advice against eating bread, rice and pasta post band because they can cause problems with sticking and swelling.

Also refined starchy foods such as white rice, pasta and bread quickly turn to sugar causing the body to produce more insulin than needed. This then promotes the storage of fat and slows down the enzyme that helps burn fat.

Not sure when you had your op but 1100 calories is NOT way too much at all. Its good that you feel full after eating a much smaller meal - thats what the band does. I didnt have a fill until around 4 months post op for the same reason xx

Thanks for the advice Mazza,had the op 19th sept still getting used to the signals my band is trying to tell me,it's difficult this early i'm finding,must admit bread is my vice and have missed it terribly been trying a bit more each week but after your advice will now stop,does the same apply to toasted brown bread? good to hear you think 1100 cals isnt too much, after eating very little i've got a little guilt thing going on when i eat my meals! the hardest thing i find is i set myself what i think is an acceptable portion of food eat and chew slowly,but when i finish i feel like i could eat it all again(but don't) and 10 mins later i'm full,think i must be missing some signal,what do you think.
Thanks again
Mich xx

Hi Mich

Your post op dietry advice may be completly different to mine but all bread is a no no for me. Like you say you do miss it, carb withdrawel is a nightmare! but later on even if its fine now you could get problems with it sticking. You would only need to take slightly to big a bite or swallow a little to quickly and you could be in agony.

There are lots of tatsy alternatives. Ryvita multigrain are a favourite of mine. What does your diet sheet suggest?

I think you are doing the right thing stopping and waiting as you obviously are full, in time you might experience a tigntening feeling whilst you are still eating - STOP when you get that xx

i have rivita wiv philly they r yummy too, im eating around 1000 cals a day, not feeling really hungry as such jus head hunger, but my dietician told me not to go 4 hrs wivout food so tha wha im doing, im still eating small meals so dunno how i will feel after fill now xx

yeah thanks mazza ryvita has been my substatute for bread so far and i'm just going to have to accept no more bread thanks for advice this site is invaluable,you just get basics from the providers dont think i would have understood this band without reading everybodys experiances on here. dont have a diet sheet as yet have an appoint with dietition nxt wk.
jo head hunger terrible i can feel v full but not satisfied i have really enjoyed small packets of corn baked crisps like space aliens or cheese puffs they under 70 cals and feel like a real treat.i know not good for me but it satisfies that craving.
Can i ask if anyone with a band has any trouble swallowing tablets been given antibiotics by gp but when i opened pkt they were huge so picked up a smaller capsule today but still nervous of it getting stuck.xx

Back