• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band has flipped- revision surgery

Sara-Louise

Hello I had a band fitted on the 6th sept 2011....
Today I went for my band fill and it's flipped over!!!
Has anyone had this before or know how the heartlands deal with this???
Worried now x
They said I would need revision surgery .

Aw sorry to hear this love, you must be so disappointed. I hope you get it sorted soon. xxx

Aw sorry about this Sara ... I have seen posts re this so if you type band revision surgery into the search box, hopefully some ones post will pop up with advice for you ... hope it is sorted soon for you, honey xx :)

Someone ll be able to help I think it was blue diamond and someone else but if u look back in banders section about someone going back abroad to have it fix. Depends how bad it flipped but some had the correction on local some under general..I am going to look back trying to find u the title

It's called port repositioning and has a ? At the end it was posted by chickadee

Sorry not sure what happened there! My port has flipped and I'm having it repositioned on 15th December. But you say ur band has flipped do you mean port? I've had some great advice so if you look at my previous post you'll see all the fab replies, in doing rresearch I've found it more common than I imagined which is quite worrying.

Chick x

as we lose weight the port has more freedom to "roam" it has more room as there not surrounded by fat, its common for them to flip and need re positioned x

Hi
I think mine flipped about 18 months ago but I wasn't going to regular appointments until this year, I just hope it doesn't flip again after this surgery as it's so painful and no way could even the surgeon get a fill in, I almost fainted with the pressure and pain of it, here's hoping the pain will be better after the op. I'll keep u posted on how it goes etc x

I have been getting a really sharp stitch pain!!!! Mainly when I work out.
I understand why now..
I fell really hard onto my tummy 3 days post op and wondering if that so it??
.... Least I will be sorted soon xx

Yep that's exactly what I get used to be just when I bent funny or swam etc but now it can hit me out of the blue and takes my breath away, nasty! You may well have done something when you fell so soon post op, do you know when to expect your revision?
Xx

Spoke to heartlands yesterday .... All mr super said is it will be before Christmas :0)) x
That's fab for the nhs xx
I only get pain during working out ...
The odd time otherwise xxx

Yep I was impressed as got a date within 6 weeks of being put forward for funding! Good luck and keep me posted on your date xx

Yes I will :0))
It's feeling sore today after being poked and prodded while they tried to flip it ....
Oh well should be operated on within 3 ands a half weeks x

I finally have a date to have my port fixed :0))) that's the good news
....... Now for the not to great news .... My revision surgery will take place on December the 23rd.. Bah humbug!

They have advised me to do the liquid diet again and lose between 5 and 10 percent!! (how)... I have already lost 5 stone since the end July!!
Not sure either if will be on liquid diet for Xmas day?!?!
But on the plus side I will be sorted :0))))
Humph xx

Hi Sara
Rubbish timing! But hey beggars can't be chosers! I'm going in Thursday! Really nervous now. Had a quick word with a nurse and she doesn't think I'll need to go back to liquids etc, maybe you'll be the same??
Good luck and here's to us both getting sorted

Chick x

Good luck u too xxx

Back