• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band help loosing my way a bit

serenitylove

ok this is a question more for banders im one fill off my sweet spot im so close to it but since my last fill im finding it hard to get right what to eat meats etc dont go down and i end up throwing them up shepards pie and cauli cheese goes down too easy and i eat to much and if i eat another jacket potatoe im gona scream i feel like i cant get things right and that im loosing momentum because i cant find quiet the right foods if that makes sense

ok this is a question more for banders im one fill off my sweet spot im so close to it but since my last fill im finding it hard to get right what to eat meats etc dont go down and i end up throwing them up shepards pie and cauli cheese goes down too easy and i eat to much and if i eat another jacket potatoe im gona scream i feel like i cant get things right and that im loosing momentum because i cant find quiet the right foods if that makes sense
Sorry i cant help much with what is best to eat, but i just wanted to ask why meat doesnt go down, is it because you dont chew it enough or is it a common thing with banders that you cant eat meat. I'm having my second fill on saturday so now not sure what i can or cant eat.

Sorry i cant help much with what is best to eat, but i just wanted to ask why meat doesnt go down, is it because you dont chew it enough or is it a common thing with banders that you cant eat meat. I'm having my second fill on saturday so now not sure what i can or cant eat.

i think it common with most banders i was ok with alot of it untill this fill now i just end up hurling it lol

Last edited:
Does all meat cause this or certain types? Is it affected by time of day?

I find I tolerate meat better in the evenings, if I try at lunch times, I often have trouble but only had to hurl once so far, and that was my fault entirely. I ate too fast coz I was too hungry.

I am fortunate I have a chef on tap to give me new ideas (my brother) but he has got me trying new fishes, new non meat dishes and trying new fruit too.

I have found that quorn goes down very easy, and its packed with protien. Also tofu, of which I never dreamt of trying but grilled with olive oil, garlic and herbs, served with a salad went down a treat. This evening I had tuna fritatta.....that was really good. I found the basic recipe online and adapted it to have more protien.

I think the secret is to break away from safe options and try new things all the time and be inventive.

I hope you find your food mojo again soon...:)

Hi hun, I can empathise with this, I find it so variable - on some days meat kills me and it hurts and I can feel it going up and down trying to settle, on other days it seems to go down fine. I have a lot of casseroles, cos the meat is slow cooked to death and tender and that is easier to manage. Fish has become my friend too as that is easy to eat. I also have yogurts for calcium and generally in the mornings all I can face is a yoghurt, but later in the day I can eat more.....

Its all in the food choices - if you are sensible it can be done. I have found since my second fill bread is a problem unless it is toasted - had a very tricky time with a half hot cross bun the other week and won't be trying that again in a hurry!!

I have 7.5 in a 10ml band now and by making good choices I managed (very slowly over almost 3 hours) the best part of a three course meal the other night - chicken liver pate to start, baked salmon in a chowder sauce for main and a runny trifle type thing for pud.

Just take it one day at a time - yesterday my dietary intake consisted of chocolate nearly all day and not much else but if people will give you chocolate for your birthday when they know you have a band, what are you to do?? Must do better today xx

Back