• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band is gone...

Vespa

Hi guys,

Just to let you know I've just had emergency surgery to remove the band. I had severe scar tissue under the band that even stopped me sipping the smallest amount of water. I am doing ok and actually kind of relieved. I have had a lot of trouble with it but no wonder!

I'm going to try things of my own for a while and just focus on recovery- it has been quite traumatising. And please know if you feel there is anything wrong with your band- no matter how small, get it checked out.

Wishing you all the best xxx Tegan xxx

Hope you recover soon x

Thank you guys, yes was aweful but we are warned these complications when the band is installed- I guess we all think "it'll never happen to me"! xxx

sorry to hear what's happened. Do they know what was the actual cause of the scar tissue? Was it from the band itself or how it was in place? Or was it as a result of slipping ? Or something else?

Wow how utterly awful for you. What kind of symptoms did you have? If I had the money I would have mine removed tomorrow. I still get pains in my ribs even after having it defilled I am worried now what I should be looking out for. No one has ever said.
I hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Thanks guys, the band was in the perfect place no slippage no nothing. Just how it is with some people I guess. Symptoms were just the fact I have slowly been struggling to eat and drink (bearing in mind it has been empty since January where I had an emergency de-fill). Then come last Wednesday everything was coming back up, boom, on the operating table.

It was scary but I am relieved. It's a shame it didn't work for me but never mind! I will find a way :)

Such a shame it only lasted a year and a bit, did you have it removed on the NHS?

All the best for a speedy recovery. The amount of failed band tales on here does worry me.

Yes it was installed and removed on the NHS. It is concerning but the band hasn't been around long enough for the surgeons to know all the facts. It's such a shame but get this... Got weighed today and I'm lighter than I ever was with the band!! I'm keeping it up and determined. I've picked up some good habits and not going to change now! (Except my first sip of fizzy was heaven ;) ) xxx

Sorry to hear that and good luck for the future xx

You sound really optimistic...Im sorry it didn't work for you and as you point out the band only has a short history, and the failed bands and problems are a concern for all of us

and as a lot of us went private we don't have the support you have in the NHS...so in one way and I do mean this respectfully you are lucky to have been NHS the follow up service is first class

Good Luck Hun xxxxx

You are so right Min I agree. I don't know what I would have done if it was private. I have always appreciated how lucky I have been and known ive been blessed with the band and it can be taken away!

These are the risks we take I suppose!

xxx

You are so right Min I agree. I don't know what I would have done if it was private. I have always appreciated how lucky I have been and known ive been blessed with the band and it can be taken away!

These are the risks we take I suppose!

xxx

Im just happy you seem fine now xxxxx

It's strange, 11 days post band removal and still feel like I have a band. Probably just because I'm still healing but it's good for now. Good thing is I still chew properly and I hope I carry this habit on :)

Sounds like your doin great and your band has taught you lessons about food that have stuck so that's good x

Hiya, after 4 years I also had my band removed yesterday as an emergency. It kept getting tighter and tighter even though it was completely de-filled. I could barely drink liquids. Anyway, it was removed yesterday after I had a swallow x-ray 3 days before. They found extensive scar tissue under the band and a large fibrous capsule around the band which they had to cut away.

I just wondered when you started feeling 'normal' again as I'm still Struggling to drink liquids.

Thanks

Back