• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band is gone...

No, I'm just going to do it myself from now on. Been put off having anything else.

This is a fairly old thread girls and the original poster hasn't posted since 2013.

It would be nice to know how she's getting on.

Hope you start to feel normal soon slimbydecember x

Sorry to hear about your troubles...
But unfortunately i have similar symptoms.
Band empty for 2 months a keep on being sick. A surgeon suggested scar tissue build-up.
Can it be true?? I am wondering now.

Well it seems like my scar tissue is really affecting me. It's been nearly a month since surgery and I still feel like a have a band! Still struggle with liquids in the morning and solid food is off the menu. Surely this can't be right? :cry:

From those i know had band removal they say that you "still have a band in place, or at least the sensation is still there" for about 2 months after removal.

Still not eating solids

Well, it's been 6 weeks since my gastric band has been removed.

Apparently the band was completely capsulated around my stomach and there was also extensive scar tissue.

I am still not eating solid foods and having the band removed hasn't relieved it even slightly.

I'm still struggling to get a cup of coffee down in the morning and sticking to protein shakes and soups.

I'm due for a check-up on Monday so we'll see how that goes.

If they hadn't of told me they've removed the band, i'd still think i've got one in!

Back