• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band or slee e

fefifofum

Consultation today and told I'm the wrong type of eater for band and sleeve recommend .. Has anyone else been advised this and what did they do

Hi Fe
What type of eater are you. I'm a full blown grazer with a touch of binger thrown in :)
I had a band fitted 7 weeks ago now ..
Xxx

Yeh me too but consultant sAid band is better designed for those who hAve difficult mostly with portion size ... Said he wouldn't refuse it but thinks best option is sleeve . Home with info to read and decide .. Now thinking of idea of balloon

Last edited:
A balloon isnt perminant though , I think the longest it can be in you is a year then your back to normal
Are you going private or NHS ?

Last edited:
Hi. I think go for the sleeve. I had a band in 2012 and it has not produced the results I would have wanted. I am now having a sleeve in a months time. Save yourself the money if you are Pvt. And go straight for the sleeve. From my research and consultation I wish I had been given the options you have been given. Good luck.

I agree go with your consultant and have the sleeve I've had to go band to sleeve personally the balloon wouldn't be an option as only temporary and i know I'd put the weight back on as I did when I had problems with my band. I too wish I'd been advised better but easy to say with hindsight Good luck x

Thanks everyone for responses .do much to think about ... . I am going private .. Going to have a nice glass of wine and read all the info tonight ... Today I've gone between sleeve and slimming world .... AGAIN !!!! Will let u know what I decide x

Hi Fe
This is going to sound blunt but it's not meant to be ..
all of us on here are thinking about or have had WLS .. This is because no diet has ever worked for us and we have all wasted years losing and gaining weight , gaining extra weight each time .. Feeling like this is it , this time the diet will work , I will lose all this weight and keep it off this time .. But it never happens .
I wasted 25 plus years of precious time hauling excess weight around , making excuses for doing things , not going places , not swimming , wearing tented clothing and looking drab and older than my years .. Living each day in so much pain from my knees but pretending it's all ok and I cope .. I lived a lie . Lying to myself , my family and friends .. Waiting for the next rude comment from strangers about my size .. I have had enough .. My life is to precious to waste any longer .
I have no idea how old you are or how much you would like to lose and how it will benefit your life and family , but , for me , it was a no brainer , there wasn't a choice , surgery was the only way ..
I could only raise enough for a band , so I have no choice but to make it work for me ..
If you have money , use it for a better life ..
My opinion only
Hugs
Mindy
Xxxx

Wow ! I'm in my 50s been overweight in a variety levels .for 30 years .. Now have bm1 of 47 ... I think you have been living my life . Sounds like I could have written that .. I have a very happy in every aspect .. But can't control this weight thing ... ... I too have difficulty raising funds ... Hence reason I wanted band ... I do know what ur saying is right and that u for ur bluntness xxxx

The funds were hard , but I had help from both daughters and my mum so only had to find half which Imsaved like a demon for .. I got one of those savings tin pots from the £1 shop and put every £2 coin i could find in it . Hubby took overtime and we didn't go out for over 6 months , but it's surprising what you can do when you have to ..
Car boots sales , get rid of all that junk hanging around lol .. Sell anything you don't need .. Keep focused on the end game and you will find a strength and determination you never knew you had ..
If all else fails get a loan ? Then you pay for your op afterwards and get to have it sooner ..
Getting a loan wasn't an option for me as credit history (. Long long story , lost a house back in the 80s ) so I had no choice to scrimp and save ..

Back