• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band tightness fluctuations

morph

I've read on here that it change change a little day to day in how it feels. Yesterday I didn't feel much restriction compared to today, not to the extent that I can't eat tho!
I am wondering to what extent my band tightness will change when I fly to the US in July. My surgeon says he doesn't think a defill is necessary, just to be careful initially and drink plenty til it adjusts after the flight. Amazing how it can change, isn't it!

hey hun, i seem to have had this yesterday, i could eat much moire then the days before. maybe its a normal thing :S

As for the flying all i can say is have a wonderful time am so jelous,

xx

Hiya, I haven't been lucky enough to try my band out on a flight but yes it does vary day to day. Weird isn't it? Also gets tighter if I get stressed etc.
Seems like your surgeon is not worried about you going without a defill so try and relax and look forward to a great trip x

amazing how different it can be!
I've requested a low cal meal for on the flight, wonder how horrific that will be lol!

having flown extensively since my banding 3 years ago. (about 75 flights including 10 long haul to USA, NZ and Australia)
I can say for me that flights have no impact on my band. With the exception of maybe loosening off during the flight.
Just make sure that you remain well hydrated whilst flying and take your first few meals VERY slowly, just in case, because the band is very individual and what can be so for some may be different for others.

Have a great time in the USA... Don't spend too much money! ;)

I was told by my team not to eat whilst flying as the band tightens but to make sure i drink plenty!!!!! and wait a few hours after the flight to eat until the restriction has gone back to normal...!!!!

good advice Sue, as the band can tighten during a flight and if it does the food will most likley get stuck and puking in a plane isnt a good thing x

Back