• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band to bypass

buglady

Hi everyone the oldies may remember me on here I dip off and on I have a lap band had it not for 5 years I think could be four well I initially lost about nearly 5 stone but have regained 2 of it stayed the same over the last year though! I have been suffering from bad acid reflux at night and heart burn at most times of the day. Been back and forward to doctors / hospital, just came back from having a endoscopy today turns out I have a hiatus hernia which is causing me all these problems and no weight loss! So it was suggested I have a conversion to a bypass just wondering if anyone has had this done and a bit of insight into this how long off work will it work (after all the problems I've had with my band im apprehensive !) Many thanks and hi to anyone that my remember me!!

Dont know you but welcome back!
Im sure ive read of people on here having done what your about to do nut cant think of any names right now I guess someone will pop up soon

Hi!

I remember you :D

Sorry to hear you have been having problems still but it sounds like your team have offered you a solution.

I'm in a similar situation, I know I have a hernia - epi gastric (not band related) but I'm waiting for an endoscopy too xx

Hi yes Mazza it's been a whole catalogue of problems I did pay privately for my band but now cause of the reflux problems nhs have took over so in hoping it will all get sorted too !! Good luck with you endoscopy it's unpleasant but ok hope they sort you out too !! Good to see you still on here I always pop on and off read a few posts and keep up to date I will keep you all up to date as I'm guessing in not the only one to of been banded then bypassed I remember liz was too is she still about? Xx

I'm band to bypass. Problems with port on the band, not the band itself. Problems with bypass. C'est la vie :(

Back