• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bandages

I am 3 days post band op and i have terrible nausea... Is this normal? Feeling awful. I don't know what to do with myself. Can anyone advise me on what to do please!!!!!

Hi Rachel, I was banded on 5th January, I was glued too but never had a bandage/plaster, they told me I can shower immediately and just be careful. I also very very nausea for over a week, quiet often I would just stop and want to throw up, but had no food in my stomach so couldn't physically be sick. Trust me this will pass in another week and you will feel so much better.

I too was glued (bypass not band) and was told to leave the plaster on for 3-5 days and not to over soak them in the shower.

I've just taken off the plasters. I have 5 cuts with steri strips which I've read to leave until they fall off on their own. One is pretty bloody and really want to clean it though :-(

I went in the shower and washed it off gently, the glue will just flake off over the next few days, the problem is when it starts getting itchy and you want to scratch.

Back