• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded 1st February

slimbydecember

Hi guys

Just wanted to say I am officially a bandit! Came out hospital yesterday with all sorts of medications!!

Even got injections for blood thinning? Anyone else had to give themselves injections?

Just drinking squash at the moment and have quite a bit of shoulder pain but feeling alot better than 2 days ago!

Hi Slim - Just wanted to welcome you to the growing pack of banders on here!

Hope you are recovering well from surgery; the shoulder pain is probably the after effects of the anaesthetic. Keep sipping away on the liquids hun x You will soon feel much better.

Why do you have to have to have blood - thinning injections, if you don`t mind me asking?, as I have not heard of this before.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hi

Glad everything went ok. I had the blood thinning injections too, luckily the nurse showed me how to do them in the hospital so I was ok.

Good luck on your journey x

Hi there and welcome to the site. It's great on here and make sure you ask anything you want. Someone will always be around to help
Hope your recovery goes well.
Jo XX

Hiya i have not posted for a while was meant to be banded end of december but was cancelled due to snow am now 6 days post op!! i too have got the shoulder pain it is awful on times starting to ease now!! getting fed up of liquids but have to follow the rules!! how are you doing?? i have a 10ml band with 4 ml put in at op am only managing maybe 1 pint os ss milk 1.5l of squash and 1 soup per day feel extremely full not sure if its down to the 4 ml in the band or due to swelling from surgery but have lost 7lb since saturday!! hope your doing ok!! keep the fluids going :)

Hiya,

For me the shoulder pain has been more nagging than where the incisions were made. They just ache a bit when I move whereas the shoulder pain is constant.

Took tramadol yesterday and pretty much slept most of yesterday day and night away.

Trying to make sure i'm drinking 50ml every 10 - 20 mins but in between sleeping it doesn't mean i'm drinking very much.

Can have yoghurt and soup tomorrow and I can't wait!

Congratulations on your Op Hunny..

Welcome to the ''Bandit'' life.. :D

I also had to do blood thinning injections (2 weeks worth to be exact)

The mind boggles for me, when i read how quickly other banders are aloud thicker consistency after surgery..

Here in the West Midlands @ Walsall Manor, we have to do 4 weeks of liquids, 4 weeks of custard consistency(Purée) then.. 4 weeks of Mashed foods, then slowly introduce food! :sigh:

But anyway..

Good luck with your weight-loss journey, keep us posted!

Marie x

Back