• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purple Sparkle's Journey and Weekly Weigh In Thread

I think I am going to switch to small plates too, I haven't got used to what portions I can/can't eat and tend to overfill my plate thinking it won't be enough, so maybe a small plate will trick my eye!

I really, really craved some pop the other day so had one sip of caffeine-free coke... oh boy, won't be making that mistake again in a hurry!

I don't think I am losing weight, even though I am barely eating anything, and I am not ready to go for a fill yet. Hopefully, things will improve soon.

Hi Bookie

When you say you are barely eating, do you know how many calories you are having each day? I am wondering of you are not eating enough - that can stop you losing weight as well.

Justine x

Bookie I agree with Purple Star, I stopped losing at the end of liquids but since mushies I am going down again. I am averaging 1000 cals a day but my main focus is three meals a day so at the moment I have:

1 x weetabix soaked in Skimmed Milk
1 x Inside of a sweet potato or thick soup
1 x mashed potato and carrot with cod in parsley sauce or shepherds pie (using a childrens plate I have a portion size the same as my 3 year old)
2 x muller greek low fat yogurts (if needed)

Hi girls, no, I don't do calorie counting (Read the book "calories don't count", can't remember the author and I am at work so can't check my bookshelf right now, for the reasons why), I'm not back on proper low-carb as yet so it's probably got to do with that (can't really cope with a lot of the LC staple stuff just yet).

Typical day, not that I really have much of that these days, would be:
cup of Earl Grey in the morning, sweetener, no milk.
1 portion of drinking yogurt, you know, these tiny bottles things, like Yakult.

1/2 bag of microwave rice, couple of spoonfuls of vegetable chilli.

Small plate of mash and couple of spoonfuls of mince in gravy, very liquid, or 1/2 baked potato with tuna.

That's pretty much it.

I drink a lot, and I suspect this is what I am goin g to have to cut down, as I can't have my caffeine free coke, I have been drinking coconut water and it is high in sugar, so that's going to have to go and replaced with water, which I don't like if it's flat.

Thanks for caring. :)

Hi everyone

So this week was my first full week back at work since being banded due to recovery of 2 weeks away from work, then days off to attend hen parties, weddings, 40th birthday party celebrations and a generally busy social life! My friends need to co-ordinate their celebrations a little better and not cram them all into a 4 week period! :D

Anyway, glad to be back into a routine - I am a creature of habit and really pleased that this week the scales are my friend - 3lb down and into the 18 stones by the skin of my teeth - I know it's just a number but it's a real boost - I had a massive grin on my face for about an hour! :D

I am looking forward to a weekend at home with my other half, spend some time in the garden enjoying the sunshine - BBQ planned for later.

Have a great weekend everyone

Justine xx

Well done Justine, your doing great hun x

Hi everyone

So this week was my first full week back at work since being banded due to recovery of 2 weeks away from work, then days off to attend hen parties, weddings, 40th birthday party celebrations and a generally busy social life! My friends need to co-ordinate their celebrations a little better and not cram them all into a 4 week period! :D

Anyway, glad to be back into a routine - I am a creature of habit and really pleased that this week the scales are my friend - 3lb down and into the 18 stones by the skin of my teeth - I know it's just a number but it's a real boost - I had a massive grin on my face for about an hour! :D

I am looking forward to a weekend at home with my other half, spend some time in the garden enjoying the sunshine - BBQ planned for later.

Have a great weekend everyone

Justine xx

Hey justine, how you doing? Not seen you on here for a while x

Hey justine, how you doing? Not seen you on here for a while x

Hiya

I am good thanks - been away on my jollies for a couple of weeks, now back at work and caught up on everything, already ready for my next holiday. Need to update my diary, been on a bit of a rollercoaster over last few weeks and not been making very good choices. however, went for my 2nd fill last Friday and it has really made a big difference, only 1 and 1/4 ml extra but boy can I feel it now, and it seems more restrictive today than it did on Friday - go figure!!

How are you getting on? Been trying to catch up on posts but there are so many! Hope you are doing ok :)

Justine xx

Glad ur doing ok, hope u had a lovely time away. I'm ok went for.my second fill Sunday, now have 5ml in ten band....so on dreaded liquids atm! I feel amazing tho, can't remember the last time I felt this alive! Everyone commenting at work at how well I look, feel like I could take on the world atm! Have lost 21lbs so far and got in a pair of next size 22 trousers (big achievement for me) just keep thinking to myself why didn't I do this years ago! Have a good week :)

Glad ur doing ok, hope u had a lovely time away. I'm ok went for.my second fill Sunday, now have 5ml in ten band....so on dreaded liquids atm! I feel amazing tho, can't remember the last time I felt this alive! Everyone commenting at work at how well I look, feel like I could take on the world atm! Have lost 21lbs so far and got in a pair of next size 22 trousers (big achievement for me) just keep thinking to myself why didn't I do this years ago! Have a good week :)

Hiya

How has it gone this week - are you back on solids now? Can you feel a difference after your second fill? I have really noticed it this week - been more restricted and more satisfied on a much smaller amount of food. We are off out for an Indian later - that will be a test - not had one since being banded and it's my favourite food and PB (pre band!) I used to have a right feast! Wish me luck!

Justine x

Hiya

How has it gone this week - are you back on solids now? Can you feel a difference after your second fill? I have really noticed it this week - been more restricted and more satisfied on a much smaller amount of food. We are off out for an Indian later - that will be a test - not had one since being banded and it's my favourite food and PB (pre band!) I used to have a right feast! Wish me luck!

Justine x

Hello, yes doing really well thanks. Same as you by the sounds of it! Am back on solids...had a minor incident at legoland where I nearly brought my food back up :$ but am really noticing a difference in portion size. Eating half of what I was before second fill now. Really don't feel ready to have another fill in a weeks time tho, so am going to wait 4 weeks this time as I'm sure I'm almost there restriction wise. Hope ur Indian went ok :p have a good week hun x

Hi everyone

Been for my 3rd fill today - up to nearly 9ml now, so will see how this goes. Last fill was ok but the restriction seemed to wear off after the initial few days. Has been a case of will power more than restriction this last couple of weeks, and that will power has been a bit thin on the ground, so I have actually maintained rather than lost anything.

However, line drawn, focus back at 100% - my birthday at end of October and I would like the scales to be saying 17 something, don't care what just as long as there is a 17 in it!

Hope everyone is doing ok

Justine x

Hi everyone

Been for my 3rd fill today - up to nearly 9ml now, so will see how this goes. Last fill was ok but the restriction seemed to wear off after the initial few days. Has been a case of will power more than restriction this last couple of weeks, and that will power has been a bit thin on the ground, so I have actually maintained rather than lost anything.

However, line drawn, focus back at 100% - my birthday at end of October and I would like the scales to be saying 17 something, don't care what just as long as there is a 17 in it!

Hope everyone is doing ok

Justine x[/QUOTE

Hiya justine, glad ur doing ok. Maintaining is better than putting weight on, that's what we have to tell ourselves on those dodgy weeks! Plus its good u are using will power too and not just relying on the band. Well done you :) take care hun, keep on losing! x

Omg wot the hell did I do there, sorry justine I appear to have stolen ur post! Lol. Sorry smart phone...my a#$@! x

Back