• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Purple Sparkle's Journey and Weekly Weigh In Thread

Hi justine
Yeah ok feel fine & lost 22 lb all in since 21st may. So very happy :)
1 more week on liquids & then on mush. I can't wait lol. Xxx
My real name is Lisa :) x

Hi justine
Yeah ok feel fine & lost 22 lb all in since 21st may. So very happy :)
1 more week on liquids & then on mush. I can't wait lol. Xxx
My real name is Lisa :) x

Nice to 'meet' you Lisa :)

That's a fab weight loss - well done.

I moved onto mushy earlier this week - am finding it much easier than the liquid - I am now living on mashed up carrot and cauliflower and philly cheese ,looks disgusting but tastes lovely. Am trying a blended cottage pie tonight - living on the edge! :D

Hope you are having a good weekend

Justine x

Oh that sounds good justine making my mouth water :) lol.
Yes having a nice weekend took it east today as off out for the day tomorrow with the dogs to a local fayre/dog show so saving my energy lol.
Have a good weekend xx

Dog show sounds good fun Lisa - I have 2 retired greyhounds, a bit past dog shows now though, they are both 11, they just enjoy lounging around in the sun waiting for their next treat or meal time!

Weather still looks good for tomorrow - have a fab time.

Justine x

Ahhh greyhounds are lovely natured aren't they
I have 2 Bichon Frise dogs. Both girls. Lucie is 16 months & Bunty is 7 months.
I love them they are my fur babies :) xx

Well done, great losses. How are you feeling?! X

All going ok so far. Little blip on Sunday when not concentrating on my food and ended up eating too much and too fast. I did pay for it with a really bad pain in my ribs, bit like stitch, lasted for about an hour. Lesson learned!

Enjoying the ‘mushy’ food stage – cauliflower cheese mmmmm, however, I am feeling ready for something to chew on as the length of time my feeling of fullness is lasting is getting less and less and I can eat more and more – not a good combination! :(

Am speaking to my provider later this week so will see if they say I can start to introduce something a bit more substantial. I am going to Ascot / London next week for 3 days on a hen party so it would be nice to be able to eat normal foods, just smaller quantities.

I know I have mentioned this in a previous post but I must start to think about an activity / fitness plan. I am a member of a gym – been about 3 times in last year – ooopps – so I think I need to start getting my monies worth. A bit nervous about going back – never been particularly sporty, but have to admit after a successful stint at weight watchers about 4 years ago, I actually enjoyed going and went about 3 to 4 times per week, gym and classes, so hoping I can recapture this enthusiasm!

Also my other half is a keen walker and we are not far from peak district so will also get out there soon – just need to make sure there are no ‘squeeze stiles’ on the route – flashback to embarrassing moment when everyone else happily squeezed through but I had to climb over the big gate as there was no way my ‘big booty’ was going to fit through that gap – not my finest moment! But I have promised myself that I will go back when I have shrunk and I WILL fit through! :D

What does everyone else do for activity /exercise?

I am back to work on Thursday for a couple of days, have treated myself to some new smaller Tupperware pots for me to take my lunch and tea in along with a large water bottle to make sure I am getting enough fluid – all in bright pink so other half doesn't pinch them to take to his work!

Hope everyone is having a good week

Justine x

All going ok so far. Little blip on Sunday when not concentrating on my food and ended up eating too much and too fast. I did pay for it with a really bad pain in my ribs, bit like stitch, lasted for about an hour. Lesson learned!

Enjoying the ‘mushy’ food stage – cauliflower cheese mmmmm, however, I am feeling ready for something to chew on as the length of time my feeling of fullness is lasting is getting less and less and I can eat more and more – not a good combination! :(

Am speaking to my provider later this week so will see if they say I can start to introduce something a bit more substantial. I am going to Ascot / London next week for 3 days on a hen party so it would be nice to be able to eat normal foods, just smaller quantities.

I know I have mentioned this in a previous post but I must start to think about an activity / fitness plan. I am a member of a gym – been about 3 times in last year – ooopps – so I think I need to start getting my monies worth. A bit nervous about going back – never been particularly sporty, but have to admit after a successful stint at weight watchers about 4 years ago, I actually enjoyed going and went about 3 to 4 times per week, gym and classes, so hoping I can recapture this enthusiasm!

Also my other half is a keen walker and we are not far from peak district so will also get out there soon – just need to make sure there are no ‘squeeze stiles’ on the route – flashback to embarrassing moment when everyone else happily squeezed through but I had to climb over the big gate as there was no way my ‘big booty’ was going to fit through that gap – not my finest moment! But I have promised myself that I will go back when I have shrunk and I WILL fit through! :D

What does everyone else do for activity /exercise?

I am back to work on Thursday for a couple of days, have treated myself to some new smaller Tupperware pots for me to take my lunch and tea in along with a large water bottle to make sure I am getting enough fluid – all in bright pink so other half doesn't pinch them to take to his work!

Hope everyone is having a good week

Justine x
Hi justine
I'm thinking of going back to gym next week I'm just going to walk on treadmill go on bike & cross trainer. Before band I used to do body pump & Zumba. I think body pump will have to wait a few more weeks
I'm going to take it easy when I go back as some have said its too early. But I'm going to try xx

Hi Lisa

How are you? Did you enjoy dog show on Sunday?

I used to do Body Combat and Body pump - I like the classes as they keep me motivated, but like you say, may have to wait a while for that! I was thinking of going at the the weekend to use the treadmill and cross trainer - great minds think alike - as you said just walking and a steady pace on cross trainer should be ok.

I was also going to make sure that every morning before work I do 10-15 mins of arm and leg toning exercises - I have some little dumb bells and some of those stretching bands that I can use.

Need to stop talking about it now and start doing it - lol

Justine x

Hi Lisa

How are you? Did you enjoy dog show on Sunday?

I used to do Body Combat and Body pump - I like the classes as they keep me motivated, but like you say, may have to wait a while for that! I was thinking of going at the the weekend to use the treadmill and cross trainer - great minds think alike - as you said just walking and a steady pace on cross trainer should be ok.

I was also going to make sure that every morning before work I do 10-15 mins of arm and leg toning exercises - I have some little dumb bells and some of those stretching bands that I can use.

Need to stop talking about it now and start doing it - lol

Justine x
Hi
Yes my lovely fur girls each won 2nd place in different categories :)
I love the classes cos find treadmill very boring lol.
But it needs to be done so as you say stop talking start doing lol.
I can't wait for sat to start my mush stage I'm just worried about calorie intake esp if I'm going back to gym xx

Hi
Yes my lovely fur girls each won 2nd place in different categories :)
I love the classes cos find treadmill very boring lol.
But it needs to be done so as you say stop talking start doing lol.
I can't wait for sat to start my mush stage I'm just worried about calorie intake esp if I'm going back to gym xx

Well done to Lucie and Bunty :D - bet you were a very proud Mum!

I am def starting toning exercises tomorrow morning and will go to gym at weekend - watch this space for updates - lol

Going back to work on Thursday - have enjoyed my time off, but ready to get away from daytime TV and back to a more structured routine! Are you off for much longer?

Justine x

I work from home now since we've had the dogs so I'm lucky that I can do my work as & when :) keep me updated how you get on :) xx

Well, it’s been a couple of busy weeks since I updated my diary. Last week I was away in London for 3 days on a hen party for one of my close friends along with another 22 ladies – we went to Ascot on ladies day – it was a great experience, some amazing outfits and hats and although still miles away from my ideal weight, I felt ok as the weight loss I have had so far meant I was much more comfortable in my outfit and my big spanx pants did not have so much to hold in!:D

I had checked with my provider beforehand about having a drink and was told a couple would be ok – but to be honest the first one went straight to my head, so I reverted to soft drinks for the majority of the time. How many empty calories are in soft drinks – it’s shocking! :eek:

Last week I felt I had no restriction at all and was virtually back to eating all food types and portions were creeping back up – we ate out for every meal for the 3 days and when I came back we then had a 40th birthday party on the Saturday night, so as I said busy time and lots of food challenges! The demons are still lurking on my shoulder.:sigh:

Nurse came to my house last Sunday to do my first fill, but unfortunately she could not locate the opening of the port so had to look to refer me back to hospital later in the week - I was really disappointed and upset, I had it in my head that I had had a few days away, I knew I would have gained a few pounds, but a fill would sort me out and get me back on track – and my immediate thought was – right, might as well stuff myself – so went and bought a big bag of malteasers and ate the lot! How awful did I feel – gave me a right headache and felt like a pig for rest of day. :cry:

Went for my fill on Wednesday with a different nurse – he was great, found port first time, no fuss, no messing and no pain – I ended up with a 6ml fill which I know is quite large but he has said future ones will be max 1 to 2 ml. It’s a strange feeling – I was laid down while he found the port and inserted needle, then he sat me up and I had to sip water as he filled – he got to 5 ml and everything was going down ok, he then went to 7ml, I sipped some water and it felt ok, went to open my mouth to tell him that and I could feel it coming back up! So he took a ml out and that felt much better. It’s great to get that restriction and feeling of fullness back. I was on sloppies yesterday and felt satisfied after about 5/6 mouth fulls.

So weigh in day today, and I have stayed the same – not surprised and actually really pleased looking back at the last week’s social activities!
Got my friend’s wedding tomorrow and will be having a couple of drinks, but food wise I will be sticking to plan
We go to France in just over 3 weeks and have set myself a mini goal to lose 10 pounds before we go. Wish me luck! :)

Justine x

Well done Justine, you are doing really well so far. I am the same with those demons, but each day is a new day and just try and focus on the all the positives you have achieved, it really does empower you to tell the demons to be quiet!

Have a lovely time at the wedding

Well done Justine, you are doing really well so far. I am the same with those demons, but each day is a new day and just try and focus on the all the positives you have achieved, it really does empower you to tell the demons to be quiet!

Have a lovely time at the wedding

Thanks Nina - how are you getting on?

Justine x

Aw Justine well done u. Love reading your posts! I have now regained my appetite and am definitely struggling with the demons in my head, so I know how you feel. Have to wait 4 weeks until my first fill, am only 5 days post op. Plus am back to work tomorrow....that's going to be my biggest test! I think you did fantastic to not put on any weight given the weekend you had! Keep on logging...you really are helping me to feel 'normal' (so to speak) x :)

Surprisingly well ! lol I am shocking myself to be honest. I was eating a little to fast I think but have found eating with a tea spoon helped so I am now the proud owner of a Disney Princess plate and cutlery set gifted to me from my toddler!

I am just taking each day as it comes x

Surprisingly well ! lol I am shocking myself to be honest. I was eating a little to fast I think but have found eating with a tea spoon helped so I am now the proud owner of a Disney Princess plate and cutlery set gifted to me from my toddler!

I am just taking each day as it comes x

LOL - I was in the supermarket the other day and bought myself a kiddies cutlery set to take to work with me to eat my lunch! You are right - it definately helps x

Hello all, I am a struggling a bit, I only had 1ml fill at my first fill and am hungry quite a lot of the time, I have about 3 weeks before next fill so am hoping to just keep an handle on things, I did eat a sandwich for the first time today and my god was I in pain after the first 2 bites, I can't eat bread it seems, or pastry, its a tough lesson to learn the pain is awful but you soon get it in your head that you can't eat certain things, and you have to slow down and chew chew chew, the old demons do rear their ugly heads occassionally but all in all I am trying really hard, just need to get another fill to stop the hunger.

:)

Hi Gems

Hope you are ok? It is hard getting your head round things you can and can't eat - I have not tried bread and I am not planning on trying it - especially after reading everyone's not so good experiences on it. I did have a wrap when we were away last week and that was ok. Like you say it's making sure you chew, chew, chew and then chew a bit more!

I was struggling before my first fill, but I have found it has really helped, but I know it was quite a large one. My provider has said I can have another fill in about 2-3 weeks or I can call them earlier if I feel ready for next fill - can you call yours to talk to them about bringing yours forward if you are struggling?

Justine x

Back