• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i'm banded

julieann

morning all, well ive finally done it, i was banded on thursday and even though i'm glad ive had it done i didn't expect to get so much pain from the trapped wind, i have tried gripe water, peppermint cordial, but still cant shift it so any other suggestions would be great. I had my op done at dolan park and cannot fault the nursing staff they were brilliant, the only problem was that i was last on the list and was due in theatre at 4pm but mr sigurdsson got behind so i did not go to theatre until about 6pm so i was in a right state when they came to collect me. Anyway its all over and done with now and ive already got my appointment through for my follow up x ray and hopefully will feel better tomorrow than i do today

Hi Julieann congratulations on getting your band. I never suffered from the wind but was ready for it, have you tried sipping hot water? The bariatric nurse said peppermint tea was better than anything else if I got it. Welcome to the losing side...xx

Well done on having your band fitted. Hope you manage to loose some of the trapped wind soon. Have you tried moving around a bit? Lay flat, sit up, turn on one side then the other etc? Hope it shifts soon for you.

hi julieann welcome to the loosing side. Have you got some one who can rub your back and shoulder for you. Also a hot water bottle of heat pad. Although i didnt have trouble with trapped wing myself one of the other girls did and talking to her the other day she was saying that massage and heat hed helped.

hi and congrats on the band i used to rock backward and forward to shift my wind only thing that worked for me just remember to keep moving the more active you are the quicker it shifts

congratulations on being banded, as the others have said movement is the best thing to disperse the gas.
i hope you feel better soon.

liz x

Hi congratulations on being banded. I too had alot of trapped wind pain, in my shoulder. I found gripe water, heat and actually rubbing the area worked for me. Also, I was alot better on the move as other people have mentioned. Don`t worry it doesn`t last too long x

Hiya

I know how you feel about how long you had to wait before going down to have your op. I went down at 6:40pm, and got back to the room at just gone 8pm. I had Mr Sig also, and the operation was done at Dolan Park. Unless you experience that situation, no one can understand how hard it is emotionally to be made to wait that long for an operation, especially when you show up at 7am in the morning, and its almost 12 hours later that you have your op.

Glad that you are over the worst tho, and the wind pain will subside, mine took about 5-6 days to go, but like the others said, moving helps.
:patback:
MyNewLife

Just wanted to say congrats on your op and I hope the weight loss is good.

well done !! the waiting has to be the worst.... the month before ....the week before ....the day before and then the day !! you poor things that waited all day it must have been hell
i havent even got a date yet and already im having nightmares !
i never even stayed in a hospital ive been lucky
still be pleased that you are over the worst !! a bit sore but you have done it !!
as for your wind poor love wind pain is excruciating i thought i was having a heart attack and even called for the doctor after eating brussel sprouts one xmas how embarrased i was when i was told i had wind and that i was unlikely to die from wind !

Congrats:D ,The wind pain will go ,i was lucky i got very little but i know others that swear by gripe water xxxxxxxxxx

hi Julie congrats on you being a LOSER!!!;)

Glad it all went ok sorry Mr Sig was running late, seems like a common occurance I wasnt too bad I was 3rd on his list went down at 4.30pm.

The only thing I can recommend for the wind trouble is a hot water bottle worked wonders for me.

Good luck on the losing side and keep us up dated.

Just out of interest where did he put your band?

Dee x

thankyou all for your kind replys have been using a heat pad and that seems to be helping at the moment. I thought i was having a heart attack earlier the pain was so intense but it has now eased slightly, i just hope i feel a bit better tomorrow. I'm not really eating much because i feel quite uncomfortable at the moment and dont know if its because i'm full or just full of wind so hopefully it should all settle down in the next couple of days.

Julieann I have the opposite to you today I cant stop running to the loo if you know what I mean, read my pack and it said the runs can happen so not a totally complaint free day but hey look at the weight I will be losing....dont want to eat anything now in case it continues so giving my tum a rest and just having fluids.....I was getting so hot I was stripping off sitting on the loo, did not even want my surgical stockings on I must of looked a sight lol...xx

hi dee i cant quite work out where my port is as the only cuts i have under the breast bone are tiny and they have been glued, the bigger ones are just above the belly button and slightly to the left of the belly button, i even asked the nurses if they could feel the port but they couldn't feel it so i hope its there somewhere.

you poor thing linda, i know we should be really positive about things but its really hard when you feel unwell, if i'm really honest i didn't think i would be in as much pain as i have been and i was really down in the dumps about it this afternoon (couldn't believe i'd spent so much money to feel so c..p, when all i needed to do was stop putting food in my mouth) but do feel slightly better now and even more so for being back on the forums

Glad it all went ok for Julieann, now to get on with the fantastic business of shrinking!

you poor thing linda, i know we should be really positive about things but its really hard when you feel unwell, if i'm really honest i didn't think i would be in as much pain as i have been and i was really down in the dumps about it this afternoon (couldn't believe i'd spent so much money to feel so c..p, when all i needed to do was stop putting food in my mouth) but do feel slightly better now and even more so for being back on the forums

Julieann when I was feeling lousy but not in pain I thought exactly the same as you, I was moping around with no energy, raging headache and generally feeling crap and I thought why oh why did I just not control my intake, but I am sure in a short while we will start to see the benefits and realise it was all worth it. Keep thinking ahead to next spring and summer, think of the things that you can wear. I for one will be so glad not to have massive wet patches around my bum when the sun comes out. People think I have wet myself. We will be able to go into shops and pick up clothes knowing that they fit and dont look like a maternity top. It is hard but nothing worth having comes easy. chin up chick we will get through this together...xx

i cant believe how much better i feel today, i still feel quite shakey and didnt sleep very well last night but that dreaded trapped wind seems to have eased for the time being so hopefully on the road to recovery now. A BIG THANKYOU TO YOU ALL FOR YOU KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT

Back