• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders Daily Diet and Exercise Log

Breakfast=mini shreaded wheat
lunch= 3 crispbreads 2 laughing cow light triangles, ham,tomatoes
Tea=tesco light choices microwave meal, mullerlight
Really dull sorry!
xxx

Food Log Stardate Mon 11.4.11

Breakfast - Special K x 20g + 10g Granola (50cals)
+ 55ml s/s milk.

Lunch - wrap with ham, philly light, cue + tomatoes.

snack - apple, 8 grapes

Tea - fish pie, made with cod, smoked haddock and prawns, cooked in a fishy sauce (forgotten the name) with peas and broccollli. I had a small portion on a tea plate and could`nt finish it, although it was lovely!

snack - yogurt

drinks - 2 x cups of tea, 2 x coffees, rest sipping on s/f juice, probably have a horlicks before bedtime.

Love Kat x

Katkit1 said:
Food Log Stardate Mon 11.4.11

Tea - fish pie, made with cod, smoked haddock and prawns, cooked in a fishy sauce (forgotten the name) with peas and broccollli. I had a small portion on a tea plate and could`nt finish it, although it was lovely!

Love Kat x

Mmmm...sounds delicious!
I love smoked haddock!
X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Today:

B - oatso with semi skim milk, (200)
L - hummous (160) melba toast (93)
Berocca
Harvest chewee bar (92)
D - cottage cheese (150) v small jacket pot innards (100?)

Not enough maybe?

Update:
Crunchie! (185)

Last edited:
More veggies and protein I think Toffee xx

Neen said:
More veggies and protein I think Toffee xx

Aww, I though I was doing fairly well with the protein, Neen. :-(
I did a special protein-for-veggies shop last week and stocked up on tuna, cottage cheese, hummous, salmon fillets etc.
Defo need more veggies though. It's just after the protein bit I find it hard to eat the carbs even sometimes, so I thought to get more calories in I should go for the carbs over the veg, iyswim.
How many cals do you aim for each day? X

Today's intake - much like yesterday

Actimel
1 weetabix with skimmed milk and a sprinkle of splenda
2 coffees
water - not enough - struggle when I am in the office
Chicken and vegetable big soup
chicken breast minced with carrot and swede mashed mixed with gravy

I am very full and my band is tight today.

tranquil x

Neen said:
Sorry Toffee, my bad...I always think meat for protein d'oh ! I am a dork at times sorry hun x

Don't be silly, you're not a dork! I value your comments lots.
Xx

Cripes! It's all kicking off today! Very sad.

Today:

B - quorn mini sausage, 16
Oat so with skim milk, 200

L - tried a tuna light lunch (yes, Neen, I'm morphing into you!), 226?
Really struggled to eat even a 3rd though and have just had a go at the rest now and still can't get it all in at the moment. Hum ho.

D - cottage cheese and teeny jacket pot, 250?
spoonful rhubarb crumble, 150?

Snack, crunchie, 185

Lots of tea, coffee, squash, Berocca

Last edited:
Evening all - thanks to those of you that have read and commented on my diary. I feel like it's helping already.

Today I've had:
Cereal Bar (89)
W/W Crackers (74 for 4) with chicken and sweetcorn filler (142)
Babybel - mmm Emmental one, lovely (63)
Chicken Kiev (373) with sweetcorn (105)
2 Caramel biscuits (140)

So that's a total of 986 plus milk in drinks. Might have a hot chocolate later but that's only another 42!

No exercise today but might try for tomorrow.

Feels good to have had a day where I've not lost control. Hope everyone else is doing okay.

xx

mellyb28 said:
Feels good to have had a day where I've not lost control. Hope everyone else is doing okay.

xx

I totally know how you feel with this!! Was just thinking the same and loving my band all over again.
X

sorry i know this place isnt for questions but can i ask one teeny tiny one?
Q. u guys dont eat much...do u get hungry? as in is it like u r on a constant diet and trying really hard not to eat or is this comfortable iykwim?

me:
B: 2 weetabix and milk
L: 1 weetabix and milk then crisps
D: nandos mixed salad with chicken (extra hot!) and spicy rice

bad times: 2 stick of kitkat and maltesers! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

as u can see a TERRIBLE pre op day. im struggling!!!

For me personally, yes definately get hungry!
I have pretty good restriction but still have the old cravings!
I have learnt what foods fill me up for the best calorie and nutritional variant (if you get what I mean) and so what I choose now , I know will fill me up and I rarely snack between meals.
Best not to leave too long between meals so you are not at risk of eating something you shouldn't or grazing on junk.

oh so ur 'dieting'..its not a case of being comfortable and full and making the right choices..u do have to make the sacrifice.

wheres the magic wand..i need that!! :p

I'm dieting in that I still have that complusive eating disorder / emotional eating issue in the background.
I have tried various times to drop the calorie counting and just wing it, and as much as I wish I could, every time i try , I cannot yet lose weight & go by instinct at the same time.
I can definately maintain my weight which I did all last year, so later on I think, when I stop losing and reach a weight I feel is good for me, then I feel confident I can maintain that this time with the band in place.
But as I still have to lose a lot before I am healthy, I need to have the control and discipline and way of keeping track that calorie counting gives at the moment x

Magic - hi hun x

We do feel hungry, at least our head does, with my restriction, I know my tummy is full. But sometimes I fancy something that I know I don`t need.....like on Saturday at work coming towards the end of my shift, I was tired and felt I needed something to `boost` me.

So I had a bag of crisps, I was`nt really hungry more my head than anything - think I was just fed up!

With having the band and the band fills following, you`re never going to discover that everything runs smoothly without any hitches. You may feel that you have enough restriction, and know you don`t need anything, but there are times when its your head getting you into trouble - not your belly!

So are we on a diet? - I guess we all are to a degree - on a diet for life if we don`t want to fall into the old traps of the past. Eat healthy, keep active, the magic will then work!

Love Kat x

Tues 12/4/11

Breakfast - 20g Special K + 10g Bran flakes + 55g s/s milk

Lunch - 2 x ryvitas + banana and flora light, 2 x satsumas

snack - apple and a few sultanas 15 or less.

Tea - small jacket potato, with chilli con carne
(2 dessertspoonfuls). Finely grated low fat cheese.

drinks - 2 x teas, 1 x coffee, 1 x hot chocolate, about 1 + half ltrs s/f juice.

Love Kat

thanks neen and kitkat. being on the pre op diet im not in the best of moods and fed up of feeling hungry and having to stay away. i know old habits have to change but good to get an honest view of the band. u do have to work at it but i guess u arent as hungry as u would be if ud had ryvita and satsumas for lunch with a normal stomach?!

Back