• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders, How Pleased?

Variety of responses clearly. For the people who rated it low or very low as it was can you please explain maybe? Do give an accurate picture of what are your struggles? Otherwise it let's people imagination run wild

Yeah id really like to hear why the people who have rated it low have done, Im just beginning my strange journey and it has it's ups and downs but would defo be curious to hear why!x

hi sam had my band in may last year first 5 mouths lost nearly 3 st on my fill at newcastle in oct everything changed ,i seamed to lose all may restriction so phoned them up to cut long story short i had fluid check by xray which showed thier woz 3.5 mls missing from my band , i have had fluid check since at leeds after thier had put wot woz missin back in , there said everything ok but its not i have no will power thats way i got this , one lass told me even though her band waz empty she still couldnt eat pasties or sausage rolls i can, iam 6000 out of pocket and gettin fatter hope yours go better good luck xx

said

So Jackie where does it take you in ml compare to capacity? It only took me to my fourth fill I.e 7.5 in 10 ml band to fill some restriction. And don't get me wrong I still can eat nearly everything, pasta chicken etc... only couscous gives me hick ups but it did that even without any restriction so that aside, I could eat everything. Let us and your provider help you. The biggest thing I have learnt is to not compare yourself with anyone because each journey is so different

Hi jackie,

Im sort of glad in a way i have read ur post.. I had a balloon about 4 yrs ago 5 grand and could eat everything bread big curry and nan bread everything after many desperate fone calls i had it taken out cos of the "man burps" Ive cryed and thought as u do and im still here 2 stone heavier 4 yrs on, i have consoled myself with the fact of maybe i wasnt ready at that time. Well im here again another loan paying for a band im absolutley crapping myself re to previous experience and feeling a failiure cos than 10 grand could av gone on my kids. The difference im concentrating on is im on an eating plan and trying to forget what the band will do 4 me. i have to do it this time im on day 5 of a "diet" trying to cut down b4 my preop diet, i have these thoughts ive wasted my money again cos i am actually DOING it and maybe i dont need it but really im only kidding myself

Hi Sam the way I look at it is I've just spent 5 grand on the op I can either work against it or with it , everyone needs willpower the band isn't a magic gift that just solves all your probs if your not going to change your eating habits and lifestyle then it won't work and I've in theory just wasted 5 grand and that's down too me not the band if your overeating or eating the wrong things that's not the bands fault it's the person it's attached too , don't be put off by comments do wot u think is right if you spend the money and it doesn't work out as I always say that's life at least your doing it for all the right reasons , I wish you all the luck in the world xxxxxx

Ps never feel that you have wasted your money and it could of gone on the kids , you deserve it and your doing for them too so your around for a lot longer :) xxxxxx

with band still need will power

hi dont no if u got my last replay to your message askin rate 1to10 on band i give it 2 , let me no if u did

We did Jackie and thank you for that. I was just asking where you were at capacity wise to try and understand a little bit more your situation

hi suzie123
Are you excited/nervous, I am,
I cant wait really!
I might see you there
Good luck, hope all goes well :) xx

hi lullaby,

Thanks I am exactly the same as you. Judith said she would put me on the list for asap I hope she does! By 2pm I will be pacing up and down like I was when i had my shoulder done 7 weeks ago.

You will know me I have strawberry blonde hair and a turquoise dressing gown lol and I will be up and down the corridors all night like a mad woman as I won't sleep.

Hopefully see you on Thursday.

Sue

Hi suzie123
How are you feeling?
did you have your band fitted ok?
what did you think of the hospital?
my banding went well, very tired and sick after but feeling loads better now,
hope you are as well :) xx

hi lullaby,

i was like a mad woman climbing the walls lol within 2 hours i roamed the corridors all night long.

but when i got home i could of cried i felt awful all weekend thought i was dying (slight exaggeration) couldnt eat much the wind was awful i had ulcers in my mouth and like a stitch in my side and any smell made me gagg and felt awfully sick.

I had 4 ml put in and i am now eating lots of soup lol and since pre op i have lost a stone yipee!!!

still got a slight pain in my side but no where near as bad and my middle scar is only 2 cm.

how are you getting on? Only one more week and foooooooooooooddddd

sue
xx

Hi suzie
glad you are doing so well,
yay cant wait, real food!
i was really ill friday when they sent me home,
all i did was slept all day (friday)
saturday i just sat around,
i had a lot of wind,
i have 4ml put in a small band,
i'm feel quiet good really, no pain as such, not eating (drinking) a lot, i havent weighed, saturday is my day for that,
did they do a hernia repair on you?
take care :) xx

hi lullaby,

i have a 4 ml band. A hernia repair errr not that i am aware of.

one of my little cuts has opened slightly so ive stuck a sterilized plaser on it not changed the port one yet as thats the one i am having alot of pain by but thats only prob cos i cant keep still. i am going to brave it in a min and take it off and cover it with another any idea when were allowed a bath i hate showers.

sue

i've had half baths from day one and i took plasters off yesterday and had a shower,
i have 4@about1cm and 2@about4cm but they look as though they are healing well, xx

Back