• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

crisps??!!??????

Hi im waiting for my band and was wondering how my fellow banders delt with eating/not eating crisps. Im not really bothered by biscuits/chocolate but love kids sweets such as haribo's and sports mixtures. How have you got on with savoury snacks not to mention the wine drinking. many thanks Xx

try sucking a quaver :):

I eat ryvita minis (about 90 cals) if I am at home or work or 1/2 bag of tyrells popcorn (about 50cals) if I fancy a treat when I am at the pub. Not all banders can cope with popcorn though. I used to love sweets and chocolate, but I am really not so bothered about them post-op. My taste buds have changed - or maybe my attitude to food has :confused:

I've never been a crisps eater, my thing was chocolate. I can now have a tiny bit just for the taste, I don't need to eat a whole bar.

I have never had a sweet tooth, dont get me wrong I may have the odd bit of cheesecake or yogurt once in a blue moon but I have always been that way, I was a big big portion eater and the fast kind as well lol. But if I do have some crisps again which isn't very often I normally go for quavers or wotsits as they melt pretty easy. I have no trouble with alcohol ( except the fizz) my tipple is vodka and orange :) - wishing you all the best MeJulie xx

I eat the baked ones if I fancy some!
Pork scratchings were mentioned once as excellent protien!
Nibble some almonds vg for you.

Hi im waiting for my band and was wondering how my fellow banders delt with eating/not eating crisps. Im not really bothered by biscuits/chocolate but love kids sweets such as haribo's and sports mixtures. How have you got on with savoury snacks not to mention the wine drinking. many thanks Xx
if thats what made you fat, are you sure the band is for you?

Hopefully when you start your new life, crisps and sweets will be something that you have very now and again as special treats. Crisps melt very well due to their high fat content and make wonderful slider foods which will slip nicely through your band keeping you over weight. Pretty much with sugar. I'd try and ween myself off those types of foods and onto protein, veg and healthy stuff while you're waiting for your op if I were you.

Kate x

i have mixed plain nuts cashews and almonds etc coz i used to eat crisps too but haven't had any at all and not interested in chocolate :)

I used to love crisps, chips etc but even if I wanted to I cant eat them now, havent been able to for ages. So much for them sliding through, it isnt always the case at all! They stick, stick, stick :jelous:

Everyone is different and have different tastes but there are lots of 'healthier' savoury snacks to chose from instead. Flutterby suggested ryvita minis - yumm but BOY do they fill me up!

After your op there are much better things to eat and I'm sure you will find your own alternatives :D

mini ryvitas are lovely with cream low fat cheese spread i use it as a kind of dip (measured of course for protein ) :)

I've gone from 2 packets a day to prob 2 a week and will only have the lower cal ones now ...not had a bag of walkers since september!!! Your mindset changes...and you start to choose your cals wisely after op!!!! Even haribos etc can come in tiny 10p packets...we don't have to supersize everything anymore! X

i bought a packet of sugar free mints and felt quilty i only had 1 :) not had crisps since sept either x

Back