• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Maz when will you find out the outcomes to all the reapplying for your positions? Must be very disruptive for you, unfortunately I think all organisations are addressing things right now, it's certainly a sign of the times.xxx

Hi Rache, we have til 29th to apply. If they want to appoint me without an interview ie only enough or less apply for the number of jobs, I should know by mid July. If I need an interview that will be early September, if Im unsucesful I will be on a redeployment list for 13 weeks - after that out of the door!

It is very disruptive especially as over 400 took voluntary redundancy in October last year and 450 are going this time. We have met our targets for reduction so I dont understand the need for this farce - surely all the time and money spent could be put to better use.

I have worked in the public sector since 1992 and no matter how good or bad things are with the economy there is a constant restructure / downsize cycle every 2 -3 years.

I hope I get the job I want without the interview scenario as I would like to take some time off without worrying if I have a job or not.

Fingers crossed :cry: xx

Feeling for you Mazza. I have lost count of the number of times we have restructured. This time is really worrying though. As much as I would like to get out I would like it to be on my terms!

tranquil x

Thanks TB. Im fairly certain I will get a job, its which one and when! Its all very stressful x

Shame you can't just do what most of us do really TB, couple days liquid, couple days mushy then back to normal food. But with your health issues I wouldn't like to encouarge you to do anything that might compromise your well-being.
Have you ever asked them why your regime is so massively different from pretty much all the rest of us? If they can't give you a valid and specific reason why, then maybe you could do a week of each stage instead ?

Neen I asked and have asked several times and no one can give me an answer. Given the issues I have with them I am going to go by what they say. The surgeon was relatively quick sorting out the appointments when I was unwell. If things do not work out then I am not going to give them an excuse to blame me. So I will tough this out.

WM is the centre for bypasses for my side of the West Midlands. They rarely did bands but I have noticed a trend that they are doing them more and more even for bigger patients who ought to be having the bypass or the sleeve. I have my views about why and it is all down to money. At some point I am going to ask my PCT if they were notified by WM that I had a band rather than a bypass. I would bet good money they didn't and billed them for a bypass.

They told me the reasons why I was not bypassed and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt - for now. I am enjoying the freedom of the band in terms of being able to adapt to a healthy way of eating and I am committed to working with it to get healthy - that is all I want. I will admit now - being big did not bother me until my health started going down the tubes. Mr TB fell in love with me as a larger lady. My size did not worry my ex husband. I love food and that will never change. I recognise now that being big is not good for my health and will not be a help as I look after Mr TB with his deteriorating health - so those issues are focussing me. We all know it is damn hard work with a band - but hopefully we will all get to where we want to be in the end.

Not sure why I posted all of that. Better go eat my soup now and then try and get some sleep.

tranquil x

I understand TB, I was worrying that too long on the liquids/mushies would make your system weaker and you would take longer to feel better in yourself again due to a bit of malnourishment going on when you are already under stress physically and mentally xxxx Just concerned it's slowing you down in that regard

I understand TB, I was worrying that too long on the liquids/mushies would make your system weaker and you would take longer to feel better in yourself again due to a bit of malnourishment going on when you are already under stress physically and mentally xxxx Just concerned it's slowing you down in that regard

It is doing just that. I have tried to sleep but it is not happening. Hopefully once I get on to mushies I can get some protein in.

I am just hoping once I am on the mushies I get the restriction I need because I cannot face this again. May just rely on will power rather than keep putting my body through this. I am still hopeful that I will turn the corner and the weight will come off. I do not care how long it takes as long as it stays off.

tranquil x

Evening all. Good news. The doc has given me a month to see if my bp comes down after my fill. It is still borderline but I only had the fill on Monday. I explained it would be 3 and a bit weeks before I was on solid food again so she said she would wait as trying new meds may make things worse. She asked me to email her my bp readings in a month and she will then see me if she thinks I need to go on the additional meds. I am so relieved and so hoping that with the fill things will settle down.

I am still feeling restriction so fingers crossed. She was as perplexed as I was when I told her they found nothing wrong with the band on Monday. She asked me if I was sure that there had been the amount of fluid in there that there was supposed to be - she said she had been reading up about it (I was impressed:D). I am beginning to wonder as what I am feeling now is totally different to the other fills I have had. Oh well - as long as it does the job now;).

tranquil x

Hope so hun xxx Sorry I have been awol..not feeling well myself now and had to make several dozen cupcakes for the school fete tomorrow ...bleurgh...need to lay down but glad you have some encouraging vibes from the Doc

Take it easy Neen - you and the family are in the wars - hope all the various bugs disappear soon:hug99:

tranquil x

Morning everyone.

TB my dietician thinks I may have absorbed some of my fills, could this have happened to you as well? What a pain about The Ming, it's the last thing you need atm.

Neen and Rache, I'm sorry to hear you're both poorly, I hope you're feeling better today.

Morning Julie, how're you?

Maz, that's such a pai about work, fingers crossed.

I'm plodding on, forgot to get weighed this morning, d'uh! I've had brekkie and a drink now so will wait until tomorrow. Hubbys gone away cycling this weekend, I'm pretty mad with him atm so he didn't leave on good terms, however I told him my feelings, so we'll see if anything changes. I'm just praying he doesn't cancel and come home, I'd prefer for him to be away tonight.

Well I'd better get ready for the nursery run, cheerio xx

Hi Sarah - no they did not mention anything about absorption - the right amount of fluid was in there when they drew it out.

Hope everyone is well - seems a bit quiet on here.

I am absolutely shattered and after a long day in the office my band was as tight as anything. I just about managed to get a cup of coffee down tonight and when I took my meds I nearly chocked on the first tablet because it got stuck. First time that has happened to me. I have not had my soup yet and to be honest I still feel full after the coffee. Will have to have it before I get into bed as I need the nourishment. In the last few days I can feel weight has shifted. Even Mr TB commented that my bingo wings are even more baggy:( . Why can I not lose it off my bust - it is getting very difficult with them being the size they are. It is always the last place I lose weight.

Still I am not complaining because I can really feel things moving again;).

Have a good weekend all

tranquil x

Good morning bandits:D

Well it is awfully quiet on here - where are you all:confused: I had planned to go bike riding today with my little sister but she has to go into work today. thought I would try and have a lie in but once awake that was it - so I am going to go down to the garage and do a bit of sorting and make a couple of trips to the recycling before the rain comes again.

I am feeling much better. The pain I was experiencing seems to be subsiding - it is really strange - but I am not complaining. I feel a little more with it today - better than I have felt in weeks - so going to make the most of it while I am in this mood.

Have a happy Saturday.

tranquil x

Morning all

I hate Sundays with a passion. Well I managed to take another two loads of stuff from the garage yesterday down to the recycling. It is great exercise as well as giving me a sense of achievement. I want to do so more today but alas I have stuff to do for work which is going to take a good deal of the day. If I get on with it I may take a break and do a bit more this afternoon.

Things band wise are more settled. That tightness is wearing off so liquids are going down easier. I am still not drinking enough water so I am going to try harder today. One more week on liquids and then on to mushies. I tend to find the mushies stage harder as I want to avoid having potatoes so I am thinking of what I can have which is just protein and veg. Just have to get the little blender out and blitz everything to a pulp:D

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

tranquil x

Hi Rache, we have til 29th to apply. If they want to appoint me without an interview ie only enough or less apply for the number of jobs, I should know by mid July. If I need an interview that will be early September, if Im unsucesful I will be on a redeployment list for 13 weeks - after that out of the door!

It is very disruptive especially as over 400 took voluntary redundancy in October last year and 450 are going this time. We have met our targets for reduction so I dont understand the need for this farce - surely all the time and money spent could be put to better use.

I have worked in the public sector since 1992 and no matter how good or bad things are with the economy there is a constant restructure / downsize cycle every 2 -3 years.

I hope I get the job I want without the interview scenario as I would like to take some time off without worrying if I have a job or not.

Fingers crossed :cry: xx

That's an awful long time to feel so unsettled Maz I am sorry hun, I hope you get what you are wanting from this and it's over sooner rather than later for you. xx

Hi all.... I am finally starting to feel more human and less sorry for myself :)
I've not weighed this week or stated my daily diet as I have definately fed my cold!!! The last thing I need to feel is down cos I mighta put on some weight.

Had a busy weekend so far, rearranged my lounge afte rmy brother took away the corner piece of my corner suite, it was just too big for the now lounge so it had to go. The lounge looks loads better now, there's even a little bit of floor space!!!
My bedroom to tackle next I think.

Me and my girls have cycled to the shop today to get the remainder of the shopping. I'm feeling all saintly now as we didn't use the car and got some exercise in, though I'm struggling with Amber's bike, the saddle keeps moving and for the life of me I can't seem to tighten it!!

I have a stack of ironing to do and my hairdresser is popping over later to chop mine and Coral's locks :)

Yet another longed for weekend flies past in a flash. Oh well I had my holiday confirmed at work the other day so two weeks off in late July and early August for me :D

Well I best crack on with my ironing, it won't do itself.
Tra for now :)
xxx

Evening all.

Rache sounds like things are coming together in your new home. You will soon be back on track with the food.

Well I am exhausted. I have done some washing, done two sessions of stuff for work and in between spent a few hours sorting the garage and made two trips to the recycling. One more trip and that will be it. I am so pleased it is done. Mind you I am aching all over and my pain has come back. I have just made Mr TB his dinner and left him to eat it alone as it was starting to play havoc with my head. When he is done I will have my soup:D.

I am feeling a lot more energised than in the last few weeks. I want to get back to trying to ride my back when I get in from work. Unfortunately I am in the office all this week which is going to be a killer. I feel more settled in my self and hope I can get through this last week of liquids. You can really go off soup:rolleyes:.

tranquil x

Back