• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BEEN ADVISED TO CONTACT.....PALS!

Thanks bev and i hope you get plenty of rest this afternoon.
Your body must need it lovey xxx

Im so pleased you spoke to someone Andrea, hopefully the very least you will get is a deffinate date that wont be changed again! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you hear anything :D XX

Thinking of you Angel and I think you are doing the right thing to follow this up precious... the sooner you can get sorted this year, the better for you....

Love and warmest hugs always xxx

hi sugga that other patient was me.
do you have any medical issues because if not ask to be moved to thornbery hospital, surgery is very rarely cancelled there. i asked when i spoke to the service manager and i have been given 31st jan. on one of the nhs web pages i think it is the charter it states that you should not wait any more than 18 weeks for surgery, i don't know if you have? if i can help in anyway please feel free to ask.

Oh thats such good news Bridget...no one got back to me but i didnt ring till this afternoon.
How long did you wait before they got back to you?
Did they just ring and give you a date?
Are you having your op at the northern or thornbury?

I might get a call tomorrow then fingers crossed when should you have had your op that was cancelled love. xxxx

Hi Sugga i'm praying you get a breakthrough now you've rung. Well done on grasping the nettle honey.
Grace xxx

Sugga

Hi sugga.
Sorry to hear about all the messing about you've had.
I work for the NHS so l would suggest you ring the consultants secretary direct and tell her how upset you are and how it's affecting your life, she might be able to help you. Also the nhs do have a 18 week policy otherwise your entitled to go private. (it's called a breach). Hope this helps you. X x keeping fingers crossed for you. X x p.s don't worry if you get upset/tearful when talking to the sec it could help. X X

Keep us posted please Angel and good luck xxx

hoping for the best outcome for you sugga - you deserve answers and a date as its not fair! all the best hun xxxx

hi sugga,
sorry for the delay last cancelled op was 13 th jan at the northern. i am now going to thornbury on 31st jan. patient services rang me back the day after. if they havent got in touch i'd keep ringing them.do you have any health problems?

Oh Sugga, you are being dragged through the mill hun, I really hope you get a date soon, thinking of you xxxxx

It sounds like you have a great relationship with your doctor, give them a ring they sound like the people that can get it finalised for you.

Andrea

twinkle13 said:
Hi sugga.
Sorry to hear about all the messing about you've had.
I work for the NHS so l would suggest you ring the consultants secretary direct and tell her how upset you are and how it's affecting your life, she might be able to help you. Also the nhs do have a 18 week policy otherwise your entitled to go private. (it's called a breach). Hope this helps you. X x keeping fingers crossed for you. X x p.s don't worry if you get upset/tearful when talking to the sec it could help. X X

goingtobehappy said:
It sounds like you have a great relationship with your doctor, give them a ring they sound like the people that can get it finalised for you.

Andrea

I just wanted to check re the 18 week wait, is that from receipt if referal from gp/pct/weightloss team or 18 weeks from surgeon saying yes I will put u on the list?

Xxxxxx

Hi Claire, i think the waiting time has been changed now to 6 months from the date you were put on the list.

At my last appointment with my surgeon at the beginning August he told me i am now on the 6 month waiting list...i was shocked because i was told that it was a 12 week waiting list.

I was told by the secretary in early December that there were 2 before me on the list and im still waiting.

Did you not get your date last week lovey are am i getting mixed up ha. xxx

hi Sugga,
on the chater at the bottom of the Northern Gneral web page page 21/22 it states 18 weeks from the date they gave the go ahead, they have to adhere to it. someone called paulette from patient services ring me back she had done all the ringing round and told me the date that had been organised with Ann the secretary. keep ringing the patient services number until someone gives you some information. i played on the fact that i kept having to book and then re-arrange time of work and that my husbands work where telling him he couldn't keep booking time off to look after me and then cancelling it.
please keep me informed and i will try to help where i can. do you go to the meetings at the hotel?

Hi Bridget, i think 18weeks may have been the case at some point last year, but i was told 6 months like i said.

I have told the secretary everything that you have said but because of the swine flu epidemic ect there is nothing more i can do.

I have been waiting 6 months now so maybe not too much longer eh. ha.

I went to the meeting in November...have you not been to one yet? I think the next one is this Thursday xxxx

Back