• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been back yet again to docs

bridiegeorge

I have just got back from visiting my GP yet again, he hasnt heard anything from ... actually im not sure from who? he referred me for wls but has heard nothing back. he tried last year and said i was refused, which does surprise me as i meet all the criteria. My visit today was about my breathing which is steadily getting worse, i cant seem to get enough air in, and then i get pain in my back and stomach from trying. Doctor says all to do with weight, even my neck and back problems he thinks will improve if i lose weight, so its not that i want wls i need it... i even asked my husband if we could sell the house so that i could go private, as without this help i dont think i can see a long future. does anyone know what else i can do? im tempted to ring the hospitals myself and see what they say, but from what i have learned on here i need funding first? Doctor is going to write again but he has many patients and some are very ill so i wonder if i slip down the list of priorities. I just feel very sick about all of this, and instead of cutting down on food i am eating more. see i am my own worst enemy. just wondered if anyone knew of anything i can do to get this thing in motion. thanks Bridie:cry::mad::sigh:

Do you know what hospital your GP referred you to? If so, contact their bariatric coordinator and find out if the referral was received and see if they can get you an appointment ASAP>

Find out what hospital he referred you to and call them - upper gastro team or bariatric surgery - you should hear direct from them not via your GP.

I have just got back from visiting my GP yet again, he hasnt heard anything from ... actually im not sure from who? he referred me for wls but has heard nothing back. he tried last year and said i was refused, which does surprise me as i meet all the criteria. My visit today was about my breathing which is steadily getting worse, i cant seem to get enough air in, and then i get pain in my back and stomach from trying. Doctor says all to do with weight, even my neck and back problems he thinks will improve if i lose weight, so its not that i want wls i need it... i even asked my husband if we could sell the house so that i could go private, as without this help i dont think i can see a long future. does anyone know what else i can do? im tempted to ring the hospitals myself and see what they say, but from what i have learned on here i need funding first? Doctor is going to write again but he has many patients and some are very ill so i wonder if i slip down the list of priorities. I just feel very sick about all of this, and instead of cutting down on food i am eating more. see i am my own worst enemy. just wondered if anyone knew of anything i can do to get this thing in motion. thanks Bridie:cry::mad::sigh:

Just wondering would he have referred you to Musgrove Park in Taunton??? Just a thought

Hi,

You could contact your PCT yourself and see if they can give you any more information.

Hope you get it sorted,

x

thanks. im not sure which hospital, i live just outside weston super mare so i suppose taunton or bristol i will have to be brave and ask so that i can ring them direct

thanks. im not sure which hospital, i live just outside weston super mare so i suppose taunton or bristol i will have to be brave and ask so that i can ring them direct

Sometimes when you want something bad enough you gotta fight for it Bridiegeorge. Be an annoying buggar, ring whoever it takes. Your as entitled to a healthy life as everyone else xx

ring ring and ring some more lol thats what iv had to do everyone knows my voice now and my pals team at the hospital are great, i spoke to them at all different stages and they have found out things for me that i wouldnt have found out myself. You need to push all the time some people are lucky and things go to plan but others come against hurdles im one of them im afraid, so if i keep ringing i feel like iv got an idea of whats going on, hope you hear something soonx

Back