• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been burgled a week before my surgery!

LBD

We woke up early Friday morning to find that we had been burgled during the night :(

We were all asleep upstairs (me, hubby and two kids).

Fortunately they didn't make a mess but have taken loads of valuable things like lap tops, iPhone, iPod, cash, credit and debt cards etc etc etc.

It's been a real headache making hundreds of calls to get things sorted - cancelling cards etc. They also took our car keys so both of our cars have had to have all the locks changed.

It's all I needed when on the pre-op diet and only a week away from surgery!

I am feeling much better now but it has been a tough couple of days to say the least.

Aww Lisa im sorry to hear of whats happened it angers me the thought of people taking things that do not belong to them and the invasion of privacy by coming into your home, i hope you get things sorted soon, try to keep positive for your surgery though, im sending you big hugs as its awful whats happened and i hope the people that did this get caught out soon. Good luck for your op next week xxx

Liz x

We woke up early Friday morning to find that we had been burgled during the night :(

We were all asleep upstairs (me, hubby and two kids).

Fortunately they didn't make a mess but have taken loads of valuable things like lap tops, iPhone, iPod, cash, credit and debt cards etc etc etc.

It's been a real headache making hundreds of calls to get things sorted - cancelling cards etc. They also took our car keys so both of our cars have had to have all the locks changed.

It's all I needed when on the pre-op diet and only a week away from surgery!

I am feeling much better now but it has been a tough couple of days to say the least.

Oh know! What a pain just before surgery too! :hug99:. I hope it's mostly sorted before you go in next week. x

I am so sorry that this has happened to you and your family, it must be horrible xx I hope you are ok xx
Steph xx

Hi Lisa,

I really sympathise having been broken into myself. At least there was no damage. I found it really hard to get over the fact there was someone in my house the same time I was.

I was actually downstairs at the time and 2 of my children were upstairs where the guy broke in. He came in through my front bedroom window and was trying to get downstairs luckily I have a dog who is a cross German Shepherd. I had to kick him up the bum to get him to go upstairs where my then 7 year old son had come face to face with the guy upstairs.

Luckily Harry had the the desired effect and the guy fled (nobody need know my dogs as dozy as a marshmallow) Anyway enough about me, I really hope you get everying replaced and you get over it o.k.

If you need help victim support can be quite good. I don't know how old your children are but if they need councelling or just reasurance then the police family liason will be able to help with that.

Good Luck next week and just concentrate on getting over your op and your recovery.

Take Care

Paula XX

Last edited:
As long as you are all ok,THINGS can be replaced.Good luck next week,will follow your journey.Maz x

Oh God, what a terrible thing to happen to you. I know it probably doesnt help, but thank goodness no one was hurt.

how awful! Don't let this spoil your week before your op, hard I know, but don't!
Do you have a house alarm? I part set mine at night so that if anyone comes in downstairs it goes off. Worth investing in an alarm if you don't have one, or starting to part set it if you do.

Hi Lisa, that must be a really horrible experience, I feel for you xx As others have said I guess you have to think of positives in that no one was hurt.

Cuppa xx

Oh my word, that is awful, I hope the scum get what they deserve. bloody animals. :mad:

Oh dear, what an awful thing to happen. I hope you are coping, and working your way through this, good luck for the operation, and wishing you a speedy recovery xxxxxx

I know it is a god awful exerience and if the burglary isn't enough, there is the ensuing chaos of cars, keys banks etc. I really feel for you as I know how wretched i felt afterwards. But you have now done all that and now you have to keep your chin up and get through this last week of pre-op. We are all here to cheer you on, and will give you whatever support we can.

I am so sorry. What an awful thing to have happened. Thank goodness you are alright.

Lisa i am so sorry to hear this, hope you and your family are ok.
Good luck for next week.

oh luv how terrible for you xxxx It's such a maddening invasion of privacy, took me ages to recover from and to this day my bag and all it's precious contents go to bed with me!!
Hugs flower xx

What an awful thing to happen, we also had a break in on Friday night but it was only our shed and they took away a BROKEN Mini Moto but and get this they left behind a Mountain Bike go figure :confused: anyway got scenes of crime (forensics) coming round sometime tomorrow to check bike for fingerprints etc. Anyway
good luck for your op wishing you a speedy recovery x

Omg wat bas**rds :mad::mad: hun thank god you and ur family were not hurt. I cant imagine how hard this must be for you and the family and especially at a time where ur op is just round the corner.
How are ur children coping, are they old enough to understand, thank god they have a loving and supportive mum like u to help them through this difficult time.
I hope ur insurance company help u through the process and u can replace the stuff that was taken.
Take care Lisa and stay strong, luv Roch xx

OMG that's just awful... I hope you and your family get plenty of support and that things get sorted out without too much hassle.

Rose

Back