• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been busy with....

charliegirl

Tonight I have not had much time to think about me, I am an animal lover through and through. I am currently feeding a cat whose owners up sticks and left it behind, have been feeding it for months trying to gain its confidence so I can catch it and get it rehomed. My next door neighbour has a small cat and she had escaped three weeks ago and "he could not find it". This guy has been banned from owning dogs for 10 years as he never sort treatment for it when it was ill but they let him keep the cat. She is very small for her age and she kept coming to mine as I had biscuits out for the stray one, anyway long story short he tried to catch her tonight and she was hissing and spitting at him so he left it. Later on I could hear her crying and went out with tinned food and she came to me happy as larry. I gave her back to the neighbours son but she was not happy going back in there! Now she was very skinny, had fur missing on her back (sure sign of fleas) and you could feel every bone in her little body. Now he is not an animal lover and I hope I have done the right thing. I settled down to watch wire in the blood and could hear a dog barking and a bloke shouting get off. As I live in a quiet cul de sac I looked out and saw him and the dog coming from by the side of my house and the dog looked like it was carrying a football (sorry for you none animal lovers this must be very boring) anyway he is then in the car park at the back of my house swing this staffie around on its lead so I shouted out my bathroom window for him to stop. He said it had a hedgehog in its mouth and would not let go. I feed hedgehogs in my garden and the dog had got it from the side of my house (So it was one of mine!) I told him to come back and I would help him, he turned up with two staffies and one had lock jaw around the poor hog. We tempted her with milk, dog chews and in the end he resorted to putting a towel over the dogs nose she should then drop it in order to breath. He went to tie up his other dog so we could both deal with that one and whilst I was holding her lead she dropped the hog. He was still breathing I sat in the back garden with him for a while until he had calmed down and tootled on his way. Thats two things hope there is not a third......but hey it took my mind of waiting for funding....lol...xx

hopelesscase

ah bless im surprised it didnt die from shock. Your a braver woman than me shouting from yr window in the first place but thank goodness you did. My neighbours cats frequently come visiting even though i no longer have a cat just my dog and i still give them a quick spray of the old flea spray. The first time i did it i thought it would of scared them off but they were jumping and i was being selfish as i didnt want my cat constantly bringing them home but its like they come and say oi mrs give us a spray we know its good for us. hoe the cats ok
hc

charliegirl

I plan on having a quiet word with the RSPCA with his history they will probably visit and check it out if they say its ok then I will leave it...I sat with the hog for a long time and made sure he was steady on his feet. The guy was going on about his dog catching things from the hog I said what about the hog!!! I can see why people fear these dogs they latch on like mad and if they get a small child it must be awful. I would not mind but I was in my pj's and braless! My son thinks I am mad lol....xx

charliegirl

lol good job the bloke with the dogs appeared spaced out on either drugs or booze...bet he thought I was a right nutter...lol....xx

honey-dd

I'm the same as you were animals and kids are concerned :),would do exactly the same.

By the way the cat missing fur is not a sure sign of fleas. She may well have them but its also a major sign of stress as cats will pull fur just like birds pluck feathers if stressed (i have an old cat that does it as she is a very stressed cat at times :eek:,due to my youngest cat being a bully !.But it grows back as soon as she calms down but i had a very nearly bold cat for the summer she does it off and on so not always fleas )

charliegirl

Hi Emma I am fine thanks, I slept well last night and no headache this morning yipee!....I hope the little (well he was quite big actually) hog is fine this morning. There was no blood on him so hopefully his spikes stopped him getting punctured. He really slowed his breathing down it was amazing to watch he never moved for ages and then his breathing slowly picked up and he made a little move, probably to see if there was anyone else around to grab him. I think I am one of those that would risk my life for an animal and I am so glad the bloke was not hurting his own dog just trying to save the hog....oh and my neighbour has not even bothered to knock to say thanks! xx