• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been for my appointment and i'm having a...

Sorry to hear that you were given the wrong decision and agree with the others you should of been more assertive, which is easy said and done after the event.

Can you not speak to his team/secretary and explain you feelings. I think you are worried to confront people as it makes you look ungrateful, but I can assure you you are not. You need to try and get what you want so give it a go.

Just to let you know though, that if you do have the bypass you dont just wake up thin, there is quite a bit of hard work, and for some harder than others, ask slimmerkay, before you do get slim.

Anyway hun, good luck with whatever you do.

I agree that you should double check back and really express your reasons...and ask him to clarify how he came to feel so confident in you making a success of the band when you clearly told him about your weaknesses.
Whatever happens I will be only too happy to help any way I can xxxx
Just believe that you can make a change to how you eat..bypass might feel preferable at the moment but success is possible with all wls.
The make or break long term is changing habits for the better and respecting and accepting your body enough to look after it.

Kelly, I would certainly shout up and maybe even put it in writing and explain how you feel if that helps you...

I originally started out wanting a band, but was recommended a sleeve or bypass and I'm happy with that decision for some of the reasons you have mentioned.

It's good that you have explored all options, but don't ever be afraid of saying your piece, even if you arrive at your right decision after an event... there are all sorts of ways of making your point and go for it....

Love and hugs precious xxx

Ladylite you know me so well, I did feel i couldn't be more assertive as i'm not paying for my op. I was surprised as i have been diabetic for 10yrs that he still thought band was better, but i thought he must know better than me as he's the surgeon.

I know nothing short of a miracle will make me wake up thin..just wishful thinking on my part really ;) x.

Paying for ithas nothing to do with being able to say what you want, its illegal for them to do anything you dont agree to, so ifyou dont agree they cant do anything at all. I do agree with Neen in that either operation can work for you if you work with it, but if you really want a bypass you must tell them that.

5 yrs ago i saw Super and told him i was a volume/crap/chocolate eating person and he recommended a bypass to me when i went wanting a band! In fact it was his recommendation that made me ask for bypass when i eventually ended up with Walsall Manor!

If i were you i'd do a heartfelt letter to Mr Super and cc your own gp into it! I would explain that because of your diabetes and eating habits you think (after researching) that a bypass would be more beneficial helping with your diabetes.

Sometimes you need to be a little firmer, consultants dont always know best!!!

Thanks folks, i am going to write and explain my feelings to Mr Super. I had a rubbish nights sleep, i just couldn't get it of my mind. I really am not convinced that a band is best for me...off to find pen and paper! xx

what was the name of the dietician you saw???
they are all new at heartlands...and so far im not impressed with any of them, the advice they give is terrible, im thinking of phoning around some private clinics and seeing if i can get help else where....

Hiya candyb, she was a young indian lady..pretty( if that helps)i can't remember her name, sounded posh. I have met about 4 dieticians now with doing the slim course as well.

My friend has seen adrian a few times and doesn't rate him at all, she said he tells her to eat this and that and she's just sick, her daily diet consists of a can of heinz spaghetti and a large bar of areo and she's had it a year in november.

How are you finding your band?

I agree Neen, thats terrible just to leave some one like that. Kelly your friends health will really suffer if she doesnt get some real help, she should obviously be getting this from the dietician - poor thing!

candy b..same as me really 3 of us saw him while i was there and all of us got a band x
hiya sorry to butt in but i see ur with dr duper apparently i got told when i went to a group support meeting the other day that dr super only does the bands now and not the bypass not sure why but i think hes the main surgeon for gastric bands, a few ppl there said they got talked into the band with him too ive got my first meeting 22nd of this month at heartlands i hope he dont suggest a band for me :sigh: although ill be grateful with anything that will help me with my weight problems.
all the best im sure it will all be fine and ur be on the losers bench very very soon xxxx

Hope you can see why i am put off a band when it is that close to home. I have told her about the site, she is soo down at the moment tho. I shall keep on and hopefully she will join. She has agreed to come to the support group with me on the 20th. Her nails are brittle and she's losing her hair, I feel really sorry for her. xx

Laura i left you a message on your thread this morning, we have 19 mutual friends on facebook lol. I live by ange and know michelle and sally amongst others. I was rather talked into a band when i have wanted a bypass but after i'd mentioned it twice and he poo pooed a bypass both times i didnt feel i could ask again..my fault!. You will probably have to do a 6 month slim course first too. x

Can you get your friend to take a chewy vitamin daily? It sounds like the band is tight.
I understand if she feels down but do you think you could persuade her to at least read some of the threads and the band daily menus thread please? She can lurk and read and get a lot of help even if she is not ready to post herself.
Send her my love and tell her a lot of banders have similar problems and we can help her with hers x

Laura i left you a message on your thread this morning, we have 19 mutual friends on facebook lol. I live by ange and know michelle and sally amongst others. I was rather talked into a band when i have wanted a bypass but after i'd mentioned it twice and he poo pooed a bypass both times i didnt feel i could ask again..my fault!. You will probably have to do a 6 month slim course first too. x
whats ur name on fb ill add u???
ive done a weight management course previosily, michelle is my best friend lol small world isnt it xx

Abi thornton (Abi is my middle name lol but the unofficial one i use)....it is a small world lol i saw your name the other day and i just knew it was u..dunno why.. then saw your picture this morning that confimed it lol xx

Back