• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been on a shopping spree my first since the op!!!

tubbyspud

Wow, i just wanted to say i've finally been on a shopping spree 1st one since my op i just could'nt wait any longer as underwear was well knickers very loose ( a worry going out in a skirt!!!!! lol) and bras that are just not holding those puppies well!! lol.. so i took my niece (the future Stella Macartney!) and dragged her round and i have reached my goal of being a size 22 before her speech day (dropped 3 dress sizes) i was crying with joy in the changing room as a couple of the tops were a 20! lost 5" of my bra back size and lost a cup size (not sure im happy about the cup size as i like them! lol) but i feel fantastic and not one thing came from evans not even the belt i bought! im so happy but knackered with all that shopping. Just thought i'd share this with you all. xxxxx

Congratulations! Such an amazing achievement!

well done Vic...it's a fantastic feeling buying smaller clothes in 'normal' shops...onwards and downwards :D

Well done hun:DI can't wait to shop in normal shops again:D:D

Well done!! Must be great to just go in to any clothes shop and buy of their rails rather than having to pay the price's of evans etc.
Good news for you, you must be so chuffed.xx
tell me about it, i spent £85 on 7 really nice tops a pair of trousers and a pair of jeans in new look plus a bit on underwear in Marks not done that for years. xxxx

vics that is fantastic but a word of advice dont go too mad as believe me when i say within the month you will be down another size.i set myself a rule that i wouldnt Pay anymore than £5 per item apart from underwear right from day one every time i went into a shop i would look on the sale rail and if i liked it and it was a smaller size than i was in and cost les than £5 i would buy it and put it in the wardrobe until it fit. When i hit size 14 i went daft and splashed out quite a bit on several items as i really was happy at that size and would of been happy staying there. saying that it was the first time in my 30 yrs as an adult that i had been that size. hence to say although i can still get away with wearing everything i am now having to buy 12's so i am back to my £5 rule as i know realise that i am going to be smaller.
I find sainsburys have a fantastic range and also seem to have a perminant sale rail that they add to each day.
HTH and enjoy your new wardrobe
hc

vics that is fantastic but a word of advice dont go too mad as believe me when i say within the month you will be down another size.i set myself a rule that i wouldnt Pay anymore than £5 per item apart from underwear right from day one every time i went into a shop i would look on the sale rail and if i liked it and it was a smaller size than i was in and cost les than £5 i would buy it and put it in the wardrobe until it fit. When i hit size 14 i went daft and splashed out quite a bit on several items as i really was happy at that size and would of been happy staying there. saying that it was the first time in my 30 yrs as an adult that i had been that size. hence to say although i can still get away with wearing everything i am now having to buy 12's so i am back to my £5 rule as i know realise that i am going to be smaller.
I find sainsburys have a fantastic range and also seem to have a perminant sale rail that they add to each day.
HTH and enjoy your new wardrobe
hc
yeah i know what you mean, im not planning buying any more till the winter collection. Can't beat a well fitting bra and knickers though lol xxx

Wow, i just wanted to say i've finally been on a shopping spree 1st one since my op i just could'nt wait any longer as underwear was well knickers very loose ( a worry going out in a skirt!!!!! lol) and bras that are just not holding those puppies well!! lol.. so i took my niece (the future Stella Macartney!) and dragged her round and i have reached my goal of being a size 22 before her speech day (dropped 3 dress sizes) i was crying with joy in the changing room as a couple of the tops were a 20! lost 5" of my bra back size and lost a cup size (not sure im happy about the cup size as i like them! lol) but i feel fantastic and not one thing came from evans not even the belt i bought! im so happy but knackered with all that shopping. Just thought i'd share this with you all. xxxxx

Aw bless you....you have fun girl!
Well done......Keep up the good work.

Soon be able to change your name to the 'Skinny Dip'
~hugs~

Well done Vics - you must be overjoyed to see the results so quickly. I'm well prepared for my (eventual) op. I've brought a belt to keep my pants up!!!! LOL. Julie x

I did the same thing as Carole and spent a bunch of money on size 16 clothes, the lowest size I have ever been since I was 16 years old lol. However, much of it hangs on me now as I am a solid size 14 with the occasional 12 that fits. I have like 6 pairs of size 16 jeans and about 10 tops!! Silly me thought when they said you can expect loss of 70% excess weight in 2 years, I would see a size 16 for a long time! I also spent some cash on nice bras but now find them loose. So even though it is tempting I obey Carole's rule except I up it to £10. If it is a size smaller than I wear now & on sale for less than £10, I buy it. Otherwise I pass. Except for the designer dress I tried on which hubby, after seeing the photo I took, insisted I go back and buy it on clearance for £36!

Enjoy your new clothes and wear them quick because you will shrink right out of it!

Nic:D

Well done.......I have a great big smile from ear to ear for you and I don't even know you lol. Can't wait to have that feeling myself :D

fantastic news hun... xxx

Well done Vics - you must be overjoyed to see the results so quickly. I'm well prepared for my (eventual) op. I've brought a belt to keep my pants up!!!! LOL. Julie x

lol but joking apart you will find its the legs that end up being massive and hang from your bum. The secret of feeling the best effects of WLS is to wear clothes that fit and not hide behind the sacks that we have done for years.
it will be your turn soon
take care
carole

Back