• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woohoo - shopping for size 14!!

Stellap

At goal at last.....
Am so happy that I had to post. Had a major sort through my wardrobe as nothing fits and am passing on my clothes to a fellow WLS I met in hospital, decided to go shopping and came home with loads of size 14 skirts, jeans, blouses and coat that actually fit! Its 20 odd years since I've been this size and feel normal for the first time in ages (apparently the average size in the UK is 14-16). I'm 3 months post op and although it's been slow the weight loss has been consistent. Best thing I ever did and wish I did it years ago. Don't know whether it was wise or not but actually got a Burtons account card which I can use in Wallis, Dotty P, Miss Selfridge, Top Shop, BHS, Outfit and Evans (will NOT use it in there now though!)

Wow Stella, that's fantastic.

I've only just noticed that our stats are simlar (although you have a height advantage of 2", so jealous!)

I hope I can do as well as you.

I can't wait to be able to go in any old shop to buy something (not at the back of the rail!)

Well done you:553:

Hi Gail, I am sure you will do just as well (I have stalled a lot during my 3 months post op but still have lost a good amount). I found the key to my success funnily enough was when I upped my eating. In the early stages when I wasn't eating a lot I hardly lost anything but found the more protein I ate the more I lost. Body was obviously hanging onto everything for fear of not getting any food LOL! I haven't got anything against Evans (they were a life line when I was size 24) but find them really expensive and now I can shop in New Look and Dorothy P's things are much more reasonable. Good luck in your journey, I'm sure you will do fab x

Great thread Stella, its a fabulous feeling isnt it getting into those size 14's. I'm between a 14 and 16 myself now, depending where I shop and I spent an hour this morning digging out some old size 14's from the back of the wardrobe, most of which fit me.

Keep up the great work hun. x

Back