• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Awful weightloss journey...

Really feel for all this trouble, I also am speechless. Xx

What a calamity, but having come close to litigation with Walsall myself I can understand how you ended up in this situation. Words fail me. I really hope your upcoming surgery starts to resolve your issues so that you can enjoy your life.

Best wishes

TBx

I remember some of what you went through, hope everything is ok for you now x

I remember some of what you went through, hope everything is ok for you now x

After a long fight I finally had revision surgery to a sleeve last November and things are better. I am still at odds with them about the hernia but I am gearing myself up for another fight if I make no progress at my next appointment in October.

I really do hope things resolve for you. You have been through far too much.

Best wishes

TBx

After a long fight I finally had revision surgery to a sleeve last November and things are better. I am still at odds with them about the hernia but I am gearing myself up for another fight if I make no progress at my next appointment in October.

I really do hope things resolve for you. You have been through far too much.

Best wishes

TBx

Let me guess they are telling you to get to some ridiculously unachievable low weight before they will do it in the hope they don't have to shell out for it. I'm so glad I don't have to go back there.

Hope things sort themselves out for you though xx

Damn Damn Damn.. Just got a letter postponing op till the 8th Oct, something to do with further test needed. How many more flaming tests can they do?

Damn Damn Damn.. Just got a letter postponing op till the 8th Oct, something to do with further test needed. How many more flaming tests can they do?

Groan. You'd think all their ducks would be in a row by now. Your op will be on Netflix at this rate. :(

Groan. You'd think all their ducks would be in a row by now. Your op will be on Netflix at this rate. :(

That made me giggle.

Just spoke to the surgeon, she said that they held a case conference Monday and it was decided that not only should more recent MRI's be done prior to the op but they also wanted a more senior surgeon to assist (Mr Beardsmore) and that's the only date they could all get together.

Better safe than sorry I guess and on the upside it give me a little more time to get quotes for my new kitchen, that'll upset his lordship when he comes home cause he's paying for it...lol

Its all happening.

Went for a visit to ICU last Tues and met the team there (although ended up having a cuppa with them cause I knew most of them from last time) so bed booked.

Met the film Crew alongside the surgeons yesterday. Saw the Anaesthetist this morning, he's been with me before so is familiar with my history. They have decided I'm better of being admitted the night before and given nebulisers through the night prior to surgery, I've been given a course of antibiotics just to be on the safe side too and Physiotherapists will work on my chest straight away in ICU (have always had serious chest infections following surgery in the past).

Just before I left he said and I quote... Bonita I can't stress highly enough just how dangerous this operation is for you, you do understand that there is a very high possibility it may go wrong but we can't leave you like this unfortunately. Now I'm scared, really scared!! :-(

Oh you poor thing, I would be scared too ((hugs))

I don't really know what to say other than you seem to be in good hands and they are well prepared for any eventuality x

:wave_cry:Wishing you all the luck in the world for tomorrow Bonita Xx Poppet

Hi Bonita, just wanted to send good wishes for tomorrow.

I had a bypass in Stoke hospital on 11th September and some of the troubles you've described with lack of co-ordination between the various people involved before surgery are very familiar. On the other hand I met some wonderful people and I'm sure you'll be in very good hands. My surgeon was Mr Rao and he was lovely and very understanding and took very good care of me even visiting twice a day after my op. I've heard good things from the bariatric nurses about your surgeon (and if the nurses like her then I think that's a good sign that she must be alright!)

I have some grumbles about the general nursing care on the ward I was on post-op but I think this was down to the nurses being overstretched. I was in a ward with five other lovely ladies and we all looked out for each other, so much that I was a little bit sad to be discharged in the end.

It must be a bit scary but you'll be well looked after, it will all be worthwhile if they can get to the bottom of your problems, and this could be the start of a new beginning.

Take care and look after yourself xx

Good luck for tomorrow x

I hope your surgery went well for you Bonita

Back