• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Beginning of the rest of my life?

sharynt

Hi All,
Total newbie here. Won't bore you all with my depressing battle with my weight. I have decided this journey can only be a positive thing.
Obviously I am a screaming bag of nerves and excitement, tears, laughter, you name it, I'm currently doing it. And all because I finally made the decision to kick the arse of the demons that plague my every waking thought!
So, anyway!!!! My name is Sharyn, I'm 37 and I am happy to be here and hopefully chat to you lovely peeps along our respective journeys :) xxxx

Hi! I have my consultation on 18th May. Am 99% sure that a gastric band will be my best option - young family , recovery period etc. Debating on whether tho save pennies and go to Belgium or stay here and have it done in Orpington....

I'm a bander and I love it - 7 1/2 months in, 8 stone down. its not easy, and takes a lot of darn hard work and willpower, but, its changed my life in ways I couldn't have expected or imagined.

welcome!

well I can tell you the the PRU hospital in orpington has not got any beds as I have now been offered to go to the chelsfield hospital.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I look forward to sharing your stories and having a chat with people who understand x

well I can tell you the the PRU hospital in orpington has not got any beds as I have now been offered to go to the chelsfield hospital.
HI Clare, I won't be having my surgery for a few months yet. Hopefully Orpington will have beds by then if not I've no problem in travelling :)

Hi Sharyn, welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey - look forward to hearing about it :)

Hello SharynT I'm Claire, I thought I was going to pick but when I went for my first appointment at hospital they suggested the bypass, I'm happy with that now though. Please to meet you :)

Nice to meet you too Claire :) I'm a little behind you on this process so wont know until mid-may if a band is what would be recommended but certainly hope so lol x

Welcome sharynt .. Loving your positivity! I am a bander and love it, but whatever way you decide to go, I wish you all the very best.

I hope you get what you want Sharyn, and I hope the time goes fast for you. I think the hardest part for me is the waiting. Its probably the same for everyone, lol I feel like I've made up my mind and just want everything to happen straight away ha.

Michelle it is definitely a positive thing I am doing so will embrace it with open arms lol.
Clairemarie I totally agree! Will be counting down the seconds until my consultation and I know it will be worse than waiting for Christmas!!

Back