• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

being too tough on myself?

MissCupcake

Hi guys!

Since I started my pre-op diet on the ninth of december I have not had one treat, no choc, cake, crisps.. Nothing!

I've followed every step as strictly as possible.

I'm now on soft stage and in my booklet from the hospital it says I can have stewed fruit with low fat custard, I had a small portion this evening and now I feel really bad?

I know that moving into weight loss and having a healthy/balanced diet will include fats+sugar (in moderation) but I just worry now that I'll gain weight?

Probably just me being silly :(

Sophie x

Aw try not to feel guilty hun ur doin it all rite ;) x

Don't feel bad, you're following your guidelines and you'll be fine! Just think of what you probably would have eaten on a Saturday night pre-band! (obviously I'm talking from experience!)

you've got to eat honey, sounds like you're doing great to me :) xxx

You are doing super great miss cup cake xxx

Aw thanks guys! My partner is very supportive but doesn't really understand what its like to have an eating/weight issue.

I feel like I've been doing well.. I guess we all just want it to fall off but if we think about how long it took to put it on then it makes sense to be patient.

I'm two weeks post op now and am noticing slight changes in my body but really cannot wait until my first fill on the 27th I'm hoping a little more restriction will help.

I don't want to get to a point where I'm scared to eat anything remotely nice but I guess committing to having a gastric band is a massive life change and will take a while to adjust to.

Sophie xx

Its bound to take time to get your head into gear post op - don't worry too much and you'll be fine hun x

You have a touch of post op jitter, sweetie :wave_cry: it is a massive learning curve, but you WILL learn what you little tum likes & doesn't. I'm a bypasser so quite different but psychologically it's much the same. Hope you feel more positive soon, honey xxx :)

If it was on your diet sheet you are allowed it so enjoy and relax, no point fretting when your being good, keep going hun xxxx

You know what if you read my diary I was eating everything like I was before my band, untill I had my fill then I knew my band was working, and I have lost 1 st 9 lbs since my op, don't be too guilty on yourself you are healing, xx

Amen Sue :) recovery is the mist important thing right now. After your first fill you have the rest of your life to work on it :) like I said you are doing great. Xxx

Low fat custard is ok hun, and having stewed fruits will give you those extra vitamins, you are not doing anything wrong at all. Ive had a bypass but my diet sheet says the same... i havnt had stewed fruit or custard simply because i dont like either... but i can see why your worried... but believe me honey your doing everything right.. keep it up hun xxx

Probably just me being silly :(

Sophie x

Yes it is

If your surgical team tell you that you can have this stuff then it's OK. To be honest I took it far too seriously for a couple of years, but that's what worked for me. I was/am a food addict and I am not capable of moderation, if I was I wouldn't have been a fat git. So I avoided anything that was not going to maximise my protein intake and weight loss

If you can discipline yourself to have these extra foods (Treats makes it sound naughty and builds the guilty feelings we have felt for years as fatties) very occasionally then you should not need to feel guilty

Thanks guys,

I have noticed now that I am 2 weeks post surgery my appetite is bigger (they did say this is natural once the swelling has gone down as there is no real restirction with my band at the moment).

I am still sticking to a small tea plate 3 times a day and usually only fill half of it and rarely finish my portion.

On Average i will eat:

Breakfast: Small amount of porridge with skimmed milk (usually around 1/2 a cup full). OR scrambled eggs (2tbsps) with 2 tbsps of baked beans. OR a fat free yoghurt with fruit puree.

Lunch: Weightwatchers Shepherds Pie/Fish Pie or Fish with Spinach. (1/2 of a tea plate usually around 75g-100g) OR Soup or a blended caserole.

Dinner:

Same as lunch or baked salmon/white fish/tuna, with over cooked veg. OR cauliflour cheese (2 tbsps) or minced chicken/beef with mash/veg etc.

Occasionally i'll have room for a snack/dessert: yoghurt/greek yoghurt with some pureed fruit/mashed banana with low fat custard / low fat angels delight.

But is very rare I have dessert.

I estimate I am eating between 300-600 calories on average a day, sometimes slightly more if I manage to get a yoghurt in.

I really cannot wait for my fill, A. because i'll be back to normal food but B. I will be able to feel a difference when I eat. At the moment I stop after about 20 minutes eating or as soon as I start to feel full, (honestly I could probably eat alot more but i'm not allowing myself to).

Also am sticking to as close to 2litres of fluids a day, usually very very weak NAS squash, one cup of tea and a glass of milk.

Can I ask any post oppers about excersise? I have been doing some light weights every evening just to engage my arms and have been walking every day, walking to and from my house to the station (10mins either way) + from the station to work (6mins either way) and walking at lunch.

I have a gym in my building apartment and i'm keen to start some light crosstrainer or cycling but am unsure when I will be able to?

Thanks Guys!

Sophie xx

Hi Sophie,
I am almost 4 weeks post op and I like you am far to hard on myself and worry about the weight loss but as others have said as long as you follow your medical teams advice we will be fine.
Good luck.
Lyndsey x

I was told to wait 8 weeks for swimming or until your stitches are healing and 4 to 6 weeks for light exercise not stomach exercise tho!!! You don't want to port detach itself from the band

Hi Hun I have a x trainer in my bedroom and six weeks post op I was doing 30 mins-45 mins a day with no probs x

O.k I think i'll wait until my first fill to start proper gym equipment and just stick to walking and light weights for now.

Thanks

Back