• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lap-Band Best excercise?

Vespa

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if there is a preferred method of exercise ie swimming to aid weight loss/reduce excess skin etc?

Thanks! xxx

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if there is a preferred method of exercise ie swimming to aid weight loss/reduce excess skin etc?

Thanks! xxx

Hi Vespa

Whatever excercise you choose whether its swimming running gym etc; as long as it stretches you physically (your giving it your best shot) then it all helps recovery after surgery as well as making your body fitter and leaner. :)

You don`t say on your profile when you had your surgery......but if its very recent then take it very gently to start with and make sure you are fully well enough to partake of any excercise.

Once you have been excercising for a little while you could up the ante and try something new that will be good cardio-vascular like aerobics, zumba etc; which will be not only good for your body but also your heart.....whatever you decide do it gently then build up giving yourself new incentives as you go on.

Hope this helps hun x :D

Love Kat x

Hi

It depends really on your level of fitness pre op and your mobility etc - sorry for being vague!

If you are newly banded and you can I would stick to walking. When you are fully healed ie all wounds completly healed swimming is excellent. Then start to introduce some gentle weights.

Hope that helps xx

Ive joined a gym that has a swimming pool so I'm doing both and feel great for it. I dont know if it will help with excess skin or not but its helping me feel really healthy. I am getting major bingo wings but its a small price to pay x

Back