• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blues Banding....

Hey blue! How are you feeling today? Xxx

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments :)

Bloody hurts dont it lol...discomfort and pain....belching and hiccups....straining my stomach to get up or lay down is arghhhh...

And going for a wee....trickles out as im scared to push cos of my stomach hurting...

The surgeon said my shoulder may hurt as the main muscle the band has been sown too is affiliated to my shoulder? - Well feels like ive had a bus run over both shoulders lol

BUT...im coping...I tried sleeping in the bed last night, but ended up on the recliner chair in the front room as it was more comfier and kept me upright.

Ive got my own pain relief, Tramadol & Pregabalin (for my fibromyalgia usually), So seeing as my fibro has flared a bit, and cos of the discomfort -a tramadol got me to sleep, and now ive woken up, ive taken both above, to last me for a good 5-6hrs -Hopefully!

hey Blue, glad you're at home and on your way to a happier healthier you :) xxx

Hey blue, I have some tramadol at home that I have for injuries to my back after my accident recently, so I will be keeping a hold of them for after my op!! What are you able to drink at the moment? I'm really curious what you can have the days after the op and how you feel hunger wise?

Hey blue, I have some tramadol at home that I have for injuries to my back after my accident recently, so I will be keeping a hold of them for after my op!! What are you able to drink at the moment? I'm really curious what you can have the days after the op and how you feel hunger wise?

Im drinking nornally....no restrictions....but im sticking to Tea, water and no added sugar squashes....

I ate at the hospital yesterday -tried the soup with noodles, but it felt weird eating it....but i devoured the mashed banana and custard...I wanted more!

Havent eaten yet, just had fluids...but today im gonna try some soups that ive made myself, and ive made some more jellies, and my partner is going to the shop to get me some bananas and low fat custard. And some potatoes for mash....see how I go...

To be honest, all im in is discomfort and pain, where ive had surgery, i dont notice the band at all....unless i touch between my boobs, near my stomach, its tender.

Are you not on a liquid diet then? I've been told for the first two weeks to be on total liquids only, or are you adding milk to water it down?

Are you not on a liquid diet then? I've been told for the first two weeks to be on total liquids only, or are you adding milk to water it down?

In my booklet it says I can eat slops and mush (im with streamline surgical)....and i double checked with the doctors...so im allowed things like mashed potatoes, mashed banana, soups etc....

It seems a lot are different I'm in the liquid stage still and I'm not enjoying it really would love some mash. What size band did the give you blue? Did they put any in? Xx

It seems a lot are different I'm in the liquid stage still and I'm not enjoying it really would love some mash. What size band did the give you blue? Did they put any in? Xx

Just put on your weigh in the same thing you asked lol

Band: Allergan (small) beneath 15 ml

In my booklet it says I can eat slops and mush (im with streamline surgical)....and i double checked with the doctors...so im allowed things like mashed potatoes, mashed banana, soups etc....

Oh thats awesome for you! I am struggling to imagine how it will be after, just on liquid - I am so excited though, its all I can think about!

Oh thats awesome for you! I am struggling to imagine how it will be after, just on liquid - I am so excited though, its all I can think about!

I was the same....and the milk diet went faster than I thought, and by the time I got to the hospital, I was like...WOW this is happening so fast....now its all over...Im relieved, just waiting to heal, and start the beginning of my new journey :)

The pain has eased somewhat, and its just discomfort im experiencing...But im calming it all with Tramadol......Had a mashed banana and custard for lunch and just had one of my homemade soups: Bacon, green pesto, potato, onions....mmmm was lush -But I certainly can feel the difference, couldnt eat half the bowl :)

So im doing ok....pain and discomfort still there, awkward when sleeping, but I managed to get a few hours sleep in my bed at last....bending, standing up, anything that moved my stomach hurts....but walking about isnt too bad, or sitting in the recliner chair....

I can really tell the difference in eating already, even though I havent had a fill in my gastric band yet...I couldnt finish eating a yogurt last night!...and a cuppa tea/coffee takes me about an a hour to sip lol

It's so interesting reading your journey! In glad you are doing so well :) I'm on my pre-op diet and I totally want mashed banana and custard now!!!!!! X

It's so interesting reading your journey! In glad you are doing so well :) I'm on my pre-op diet and I totally want mashed banana and custard now!!!!!! X

LOL I was in heaven in the hospital when they gave it to me, after being on the milk diet for 2 weeks.

Ironically though, I keep going to get milk or jelly from the fridge and have to say to myself - NOPE, I can eat slops now :)...So i get a yogurt or something....

Back