• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 30 Advice on Pre Op Diet

I stick by my very last comments....

"I'm not lecturing I'm just very concerned"

That is what I said and that is what I meant if some one comes here asking for advice...i feel that we are all able to reply however we feel is sensible.....I among others had concerns about wildthing wanting to drive home on her own after hospital discharge so I voiced my concern....I also have concerns about her having a band fitted with 2 stones to loose...I stand by my right to be able to voice my concerns.

I have never TOLD anyone what to do on here and never will.....I will however feel free to voice concerns where I feel I need to and offer support where I want to as well.

right back to my hole in the ground at the end of the garden where I would sit and eat worms if I wasn't still on liquid post-op:wave_cry:

I stick by my very last comments....

"I'm not lecturing I'm just very concerned"

That is what I said and that is what I meant if some one comes here asking for advice...i feel that we are all able to reply however we feel is sensible.....I among others had concerns about wildthing wanting to drive home on her own after hospital discharge so I voiced my concern....I also have concerns about her having a band fitted with 2 stones to loose...I stand by my right to be able to voice my concerns.

I have never TOLD anyone what to do on here and never will.....I will however feel free to voice concerns where I feel I need to and offer support where I want to as well.

right back to my hole in the ground at the end of the garden where I would sit and eat worms if I wasn't still on liquid post-op:wave_cry:

i agree wanda, the forum is a place for support, and to give an opinion if concerned, i stated that it was only my opinion, and if others dont agree with me for what ever reason then thats up to them, if we all agreed on everything in this world, then it be a bloody boring place to live.

I agree with you Wanda. Also, you could liquidise the worms?

worm soup ~ Chicken Noodle soup the same stuff

:eek: how many calories in a worm ?:8855:

Ha! Very good both of you.

Thanks for all your comments guys. I have taken them all on board and have very good reasons for wanting this done and haven't undertaken the decision lightly, its my 25 year of vlcd, atkins, ww, slimming world, slimsfast and I don't want to spend the next 25 years going from diet to diet, I need to do this. Thanks for the advice all on the train thing, I have now confided in a friend who is staying with me and driving me home the next day...

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments guys. I have taken them all on board and have very good reasons for wanting this done and haven't undertaken the decision lightly, its my 25 year of vlcd, atkins, ww, slimming world, slimsfast and I don't want to spend the next 25 years going from diet to diet, I need to do this. Thanks for the advice all on the train thing, I have now confided in a friend who is staying with me and driving me home the next day...

good luck hun, keep us updated with how it goes. xx

Hi, I have a BMI of 35 and am booked in for a balloon on Monday 27th April. I have just returned from another consultation and been told just to fast from midnight on Sunday. I then have 3 days of liquid, 10 days of soft food and then 'normal' !
I would love to hear from anyone who has had the balloon and how they found everything. thanks x

Back