• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boo hoo

ICAWM

After having made a song and dance about FINALLY having my consultant appointment last Friday (7 months after group session) at Kings, I must've cursed myself as I ended up being admitted to (a different) hospital Thursday (unrelated) and I missed my appointment!

Gutted doesn't cover it.
I have no idea if/when I'll get to see him again. I really thought the countdown was on.

Has anyone else had to face rescheduling their consultant meeting? Any idea if I'm back to end if list again?

Best thing to do is speak to the secretary of the doctor you was supposed to see...and see if they can help.

Hope you get it sorted out..

Thats madness :(

I was referred to Kings college hospital.

I had my first group session in March this year. They said I would see consultant in 4-6 weeks so when I got October, I was already bummed. I tried getting earlier appt but no joy. This is even longer still!

However, interesting turn of events.... I had been given a list of approved clinics for my PCT (I'm in Kent) so I started googling again and made few calls. I'd put it off before cos I didn't want to go to end of long process again.

But... I spoke to Streamline Surgical in Harrow and even as NHS patient, from start to finish (if dr sends referral to them this week) could be 8 weeks!

I could theoretically have my surgery by end if year. What a difference. My mind is in overdrive now. What do I do?!?!

Back