• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booked & Cancelled. Now booked new Consultation

I think i am in the same place as you

Hi joined today as i have been thinking about surgery for a year or so , but very seriously for couple months. i have my first consultation tomorrow and i thought i wanted a band but i feel i want a sleeve after intense researching. i don't want post op maintenance but a whole change of life. I never want to have to have 5 different wardrobes ! as in 12 right up to 18. BMI 36 currently, anyone know what hospital group charge for sleeve, otherwise its abroad for me.

Hi alfiemoomin - I've just looked at The hospital group website and they show their prices. The sleeve is £9,950. A company I had been looking at in Belgium were €6,250 which is just under £5k

Hiya Bear,

Good for you, I didn't have a good experience with the Band and I am in a real rush to have it out and a Bypass performed.

I am looking at Belgium Surgery Services and sent them a few emails with no reply? ? ?

Hi Bigaus101, although I have chosen not to go with BSS, I did find them fairly good with communication - although certainly not the best. Might be worth giving them a nudge.

Will do, can I ask who you did go with? Just appears you have got a quick op date which I am desperate for and would like to consider all options.

Hopefully I'll be able to confirm that on Wednesday as have my final consultation out of my 3 choice. But certainly BSS had a hugs variety of quick dates. The English private companies are less regular I think as ultimately, a majority are NHS surgeons who do private work in the side.

Getting ready for my trip to London tomorrow to have my consultation with my first choice surgeon. Fingers crossed he says yes to the op on the 21st.

Thanks Windy. I had looked at abroad, and had a consultation with a Belgium company - but can't really deal with being away from my kids for that long. Plus, I need my husbands full support and he isn't keen on the journeys. Uk for me. :)

So pleased. Got the go ahead from my preferred surgeon. So all set for my sleeve on 21st Sept.

Hi bear didn't realise how close your op was.Who's your surgeon? I'm excited for you its great when you finally have the date in your head.

Hi Sarah, yes 4 days time. Can't believe its almost here. Things are slotting into place organisation wise.

I've chosen to go with Professor Patel. Really lovely man and his reviews are excellent.

Thanks Karina. Another day of organisation. Today;
1. Exchange the Jim jams I bought - don't like them.
2. Get fingers & toes Gelish nail varnish soaked off.
3. Get fringe trimmed.
4. Get cards and pressie for all those helping me over the coming weeks and birthday cards and pressies for all October birthdays.

your list is like mine except I wished id prepared for pressies for people, I also wish I'd taken thank you cards to the hospital as my nurse was an angel and I wish Id been able to thank her... so good thinking on your part... 3 more sleeps its like being a kid at Christmas :)

And today - the food shop for the family for next week and tonight a good old blow out at The Toby Carvery! lol

Tomorrow is the day! Travelling up today to London with the family and will have day and evening out. Then they'll come home tomorrow. So excited now. (And nervous as well)

Back