• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boots Scales

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
I have just been to Boots and used the machine there to weigh myself. Back in Feb I saw my Surgeon and he told me to drop from 94kgs to 84kgs. The machine today told me I was 83.7kgs. Yay!

But has anyone else used these? If so were they accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last time i used Boots scales i weighed in at just over 9 1/2 stone. Not bad for a lady weighing almost 16 1/2 stone, i'll take the loss :) x

I have just been to Boots and used the machine there to weigh myself. Back in Feb I saw my Surgeon and he told me to drop from 94kgs to 84kgs. The machine today told me I was 83.7kgs. Yay!

But has anyone else used these? If so were they accurate?

WE have two sets of Boots scales in the twon where I live and at one point there was a 1.5 stone difference in the two. I would say keep going and get weighted on the Boots ones regularly so you have a rough idea of how much you are losing.

I have just bought some new scales from Argos and just get weighted on them. Dont know if they are accurate but at least i know how much I am losing if nothing else.

Good Luck Keep going.

Well Goofy, this was why I had to go to Boots. The electronic set I bought from Argos were initially telling me I was half a stone heavier than my mechanical ones and now all they do is flutter right from 70kgs, up to 150kgs and back again, and then turn off! Bloody things! And the Boots ones tell me I'm shorter than I am so I don't know WHAT to believe! Lol!

I know just trying to keep a track is a nightmare. Even getting weighed at the GP for me is an issue as there is only one scale that can do it and you can guarantee it's not in the room I'm in so then they have to go hunting round the surgery to find the right ones!

and while we are talking scales why on earth do the scales in boots have to speak and let everyone in the shop know Ooh look fat person alert!! Fattie getting weighed nightmare! my height also varies in boots anywhere from 5' to 5' 6" who knew you could change that much!

Good luck with finding some decent scales xx

I always use them, I went to boots on the morning of my plastics apt and I'm so glad I did as the hospital scales weighed me heavier but when I showed him my print out he took the boots weight ;). I also have some digital scales at home that I use every day and there is only a 2lb difference ;)

Back