• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Booze

Mazza said:
It really is an individual thing Mandy - I have fizzy but with ice and I stir the bubbles out and I'm fine but your provider and indeed you might be different - just try and think of the calories but you can styill enjoy yourself x

Thanks Mazza my provider is dead against coke as he said very additive :( hay ho x

I spoke to the nurse at the hospital about drinks, and she told me there are no rules when to drink alcohol, as it wont do any damage, she did warn me it will effect you quicker and it may cause dumping, I also asked about fizzy and again she said they dont say yes or no its personal choice and what you can tolerate but the fizz might upset your tummy but again it wont cause any damage but might cause discomfort.

She said maybe to start with add water to dilute a fizzy drink or wine to reduce the bubbles.

...if you let the bubbles die you shouldn't drink it as they can reactivate in your stomach ???

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times recently, but due to how the carbonation process works, it would be impossible for anyone's stomach to cause enough pressure to 're-carbonate' any liquids that have been allowed to go flat before drinking, so solely on that basis, don't worry. However, as you say, some provider's are dead against fizzy drinks, because they can cause pouch stretching, and as Karlos points out, the caffiene content can inhibit calcium absorption. But personally, I think a little bit of what you fancy probably won't hurt, as long as you aren't guzzling gallons of it!

angie790 said:
I've seen this mentioned a couple of times recently, but due to how the carbonation process works, it would be impossible for anyone's stomach to cause enough pressure to 're-carbonate' any liquids that have been allowed to go flat before drinking, so solely on that basis, don't worry. However, as you say, some provider's are dead against fizzy drinks, because they can cause pouch stretching, and as Karlos points out, the caffiene content can inhibit calcium absorption. But personally, I think a little bit of what you fancy probably won't hurt, as long as you aren't guzzling gallons of it!

Thanks nice to know xx

msunique said:
I spoke to the nurse at the hospital about drinks, and she told me there are no rules when to drink alcohol, as it wont do any damage, she did warn me it will effect you quicker and it may cause dumping, I also asked about fizzy and again she said they dont say yes or no its personal choice and what you can tolerate but the fizz might upset your tummy but again it wont cause any damage but might cause discomfort.

She said maybe to start with add water to dilute a fizzy drink or wine to reduce the bubbles.

Thanks will check at the hospital again once I've had it done xx

IRJ said:
I have a drink every week tbh i'll have 2/3 glasses of red wine on Friday night at the girlfriends then on Sat 4/5 pints of Guinness which is flat and full of iron in the bad old days i'de drink 40+ pints a week easily with plenty of shorts to accompany it, i do enjoy a drink and make sure i excercise 4 times a week to allow me to do it.

I use to love Tia Maria, diet coke with a little bit of Guinness but that's out the window lol x

I like to have a vodka or two at the weekend when i am unwinding. so i will have to cut it out for a week or two after surgery and instead of diet coke maybe find a drink with no fizz? or flat diet coke?

Maura said:
I like to have a vodka or two at the weekend when i am unwinding. so i will have to cut it out for a week or two after surgery and instead of diet coke maybe find a drink with no fizz? or flat diet coke?

Pineapple juice is nice with vodka but got a lots of cals, you could try dil orange with it xx

Back