• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bread at 4 weeks????

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
well im now 4 weeks which i never thought id reach lol, that being because i was very negative as u all know at the beginning BLESS ME:rolleyes::rolleyes:

well im lokng through the book and it said 4-5weeks i can have a soft slice of bread, i know i ca be doughin, if that the right word:D

was gonna try half a slice of bread with a tablespoon of beans, any advice is very welcomed

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am 4 months post bypass and I still can't really have bread! I have had a few bits of soft bread in my soup. But anything more than that just makes me ill :-(

Good luck and take it easy xx

I have had bread since 3 weeks post bypass and have been fine. The most I can eat is 1/2 a slice bread.

I found that I could only manage bread in the early days if it was brown and toasted well. Otherwise I felt over-stuffed. It wasn't until I was 6+ months that I could manage white bread at all. I still can't eat very much white bread unless it is toasted or kinda stale (less than a whole slice). I can however (at over a year out) just about manage 2 slices of soy & linseed bread as a sandwhich provided I eat slowly and chew loads.

Nic:p

Yep, I can only manage bread if its wholemeal and toasted like Nic. The most I have managed so far is one slice minus crusts. This morning I had one rasher of grilled bacon, a little plum tomato inside one slice of wholemeal toast and managed most of it except the crusts. I do have to eat it very slowly otherwise the first bite makes me feel full.

soy & linseed bread - never heard of it but sounds nice xx

well i had a slice of white bread with a lil bit of cheese spread and a tablespoon of beans, ate bout 3/4 of it, made sure i had lots of bean juice to make it soft, it was a nice different texture than my roast pots and gravy lol, wont b havin it again for a while it was just a nice change.

what bout toast, i heard a few ppl are already on this were i thought i couldnt have it till about 6 weeks, thanks u very much.

p.s am planning on going on brown bread well the 50/50 ones xxxx

I tried bread at about 6 weeks post op and it didn't go down well and I brought it up. I've also gone off the taste of it.

I can manage Pitta bread toasted fine, so I stick to that.

I also have 1/2 wholemeal pitta bread toasted well, or a slice of ww granary bread, also toasted. I can't manage soft bread yet, have tried a couple of times but it just sticks and won't go down easily.

Cuppa xx

Burgen Soya & Linseed bread is low GI (slow energy release, less carbs) , rich in calcium and high in fibre & 6.4 grams protein per slice!

Burgen - Soya & Linseed Product Information

I have bought mine at both Icelands & at Sainsbury's. I love it and it goes down really well, also gives a good fibre boost for those with loo troubles. ;)

thank u very much phatgirl im off to sainsburys tomo so i will get sum to try.

well the bread has given me the burps, lol i know sexyyyyyyyyyy heh, but other than tht is been fine. xx

Im two months post-op and havent had bread and to be quite honest I dont intend to have it. I personally dont see what it adds to my intake and I dont miss it so Im just not going to have any. Yes ok, on days out it is much easier to just drag a sandwich out but there are ways around that and other choices to make. Im also not going back on to chocolate or cakes or biscuits, I really dont miss them and they are part of what made me need this surgery to start with so they just wont be part of my life.
I cant say that it is always the easiest route, take yesterday, we had my in laws and grandma in law over for the morning and with their cup of tea they had jam donuts and I had half of a stick of pineapple, they had turkey and cranberry sandwiches, a twix finger and crisps and I had half of a slice of turkey and a couple of pretzels. Of course it would have been easier to join in with them but I didnt want to and happily nibbled away on my bits.
I really do respect peoples right to choose what to eat and I utterley respect their desire to feel 'normal' and eat 'normal' foods but personally I dont see the point in eating what I normally did, this surgery and the tool that it gave to me presented me with the awesome gift of freeing me from my old eating habits and I seriously dont intend on going back to ANY of them.
I hope that nobody thinks that I was having a dig at them, I TRULY wasnt, I was just explaining why I wont be eating bread (and other items).
Steph xx

The only bread I have tried is one piece of Nimble bread, toasted. It is so light that it crumbled in my mouth so didn't stick. I had it with baked beans.

Back