• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Subway Wraps

Not before full solids hon. Although I did peel some grapes on the smushy stage I think. But all other fruits I left for the solids stage.

hi eve i poach pears an apples and eat em as they are soft and oranges cut them up and i just suck juice out of them but i feel like ive eaten them x

I have stewed apples with low fat custard yummy might try pears was going to try baked apples had baked pears in ginger wine so might be good

Blitzed all sorts of fruit into a smoothie with a milk & 0% fage Greek yoghurt a 1/4 cup of each & a scoop of either plain protein powder or dried milk for an extra boost of protein.
As for eating fruit on its own nibbled peeled persimmon fruit, bananas, melons & satsumas softer fruit apple peel still is a little tough to digest.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm only just getting back to fruit, still haven't had an apple. I just don't have room. Have a new year resolution to eat more though! Veg I have a lot, I fry courgettes in spray oil and asparagus and spinach oh and mushrooms. Yum.

, I have always still had proper hunger since the bypass, and when I'm hungry I must eat. Its clearer now than ever - I can definitely distinguish head hunger. I
on.

Are you sure about that, with a bypass the connection between to hunger hormone and the brain is cut, you are not supposed to get proper hunger feelings with a bypass, I know I don't. This is one of the reasons the bypass has such a high success rate.

Paul

Are you sure about that, with a bypass the connection between to hunger hormone and the brain is cut, you are not supposed to get proper hunger feelings with a bypass, I know I don't. This is one of the reasons the bypass has such a high success rate.

Paul

Yes perfectly sure. And everyone is different. It is not cut as the hunger hormone is released from the stomach wall and mine seems to work fine.

I thought it was only the sleeve that removed ghrelin as that part of the stomach is removed. In any event I still know when I need to eat and I'm sure Yvessa knows if she feels hungry Paul.

My consultant told me that the bypass severs the part of the stomach that produces ghrelin. That's why you don't or shouldn't feel physical hunger post bypass.

Some sleeves still feel hunger so I expect it just depends!

Yep its one of the best things about my surgery and so odd for the first time in my life to not ever feel hungry, Ever.

Paul

I feel real hunger and full pains now post wrap. I never did before. My stomach is so tiny (120ml) that I eat 1/2 a ramekin and I feel Sooo full. Yet 3 hours later I am literally starving!!! I feel sick, weak, hunger pains. It's amazing!! I am eating like a baby at the moment. I even have to take a slim fast shake to bed with me as I get hungry and sickly in the night! Mad mad mad!!! :)

We are all different. And the vagus nerve does eventually heal.

It's a nerve that carries messages to your internal organs to and from your brain. It helps control digestion and can promote a feeling of fullness. It also transmits feelings of hunger if ghrelin is present in your digestive system.

Last edited:
I feel real hunger and full pains now post wrap. I never did before. My stomach is so tiny (120ml) that I eat 1/2 a ramekin and I feel Sooo full. Yet 3 hours later I am literally starving!!! I feel sick, weak, hunger pains. It's amazing!! I am eating like a baby at the moment. I even have to take a slim fast shake to bed with me as I get hungry and sickly in the night! Mad mad mad!!! :)

Hi Julesburns!
I can really relate to you...I am 5 weeks post-op. What about u? I am hoping that as my stomach heals, it lets in more food either that or once on solid food, it will take it a while to digest it so Fuller for longer so to speak...Well! That's what am hoping for?!

Hi. I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm hoping solids will help reduce the meals I'm having each day. About 7 at present. But they are so tiny. It's like 4 spoons and I'm done. And the feeling comes immediately. Right between my ribs. Like I'm full to the brim. I tried water after once and there's literally no where for it to go!! I hope with time it levels out a bit. I need to increase my calorie intake! X

Back