• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

saddo post from me!!

Raynebubble

Yes another saddo post from me!!

im proud of myself..... after 4 weeks of being on the soft food stage...today for breakfast... i had.........................................................

yes Bean on TOAST... i actually tried some bread..

brown nimble bread.

i am such a worry wart when it comes to trying food.... but i did it.

i toasted it and cut the crust of as advice from dietician... and i ate with my beans 3/4

im a saddo i know... but 15 mins in im feeling ok...my nose started running indicating im full... and im still alive!!

just wanted to share... such a small thing i know..but for me im so proud of myself lol xx

Cheap to run AND easily pleased!!:):)

haha i have totally straight hair... i used to eat lots of bread... that was probably what kicked of IBS lol.
Im happy not to have it... but will have some toast now to keep my beans company lol x

well done!!
but why does your nose run ad how does that indicate your full? is this a bypass thing or is it something that happened before?

Well Done - I can totally comprehend hun , had 1/4 piece of toast this morning too with a poached egg!! and after the total disaster that was Beef Casserole last night (cooked for 24 hrs in slow cooker!) I know that great feeling of achievement :D

well done!!
but why does your nose run ad how does that indicate your full? is this a bypass thing or is it something that happened before?

haha i think its a bypass thing... i only learnt about it on here the other day... but didnt really take much notice that is was happening to me.

we have a gland called the vegus gland... when we have bypass surgery this gland is very close to your new pouch.
the gland is what makes your nose run... so when we are full the pouch can push on the gland and your nose will run.
this can happen for a few weeks... or its a permanent thing for some..im not sure... but i find... if ive eaten enough and i stop eating..after a couple of minutes my nose runs lol x

Well Done - I can totally comprehend hun , had 1/4 piece of toast this morning too with a poached egg!! and after the total disaster that was Beef Casserole last night (cooked for 24 hrs in slow cooker!) I know that great feeling of achievement :D

haha... im yet to try a poached egg.. but will have one in the week as i love runny egg yolk lol.
I had beef stew last night aswell... i like beef... but chewing takes... omg forever and ever.... way more than 20 or 30 chews lol...
were you ok...what happened?

Was sick - the dreaded burping came - I chewed like a demon!! Soon as that burping starts I know am in for it!! Only had 1 spoon of casserole and 1 spoon of mash!!!! So now the no - no list is , Pork - Chicken and Beef :(

Was sick - the dreaded burping came - I chewed like a demon!! Soon as that burping starts I know am in for it!! Only had 1 spoon of casserole and 1 spoon of mash!!!! So now the no - no list is , Pork - Chicken and Beef :(

oh thats not good.... but dont give up on it..it is probably your just not ready for it yet... beef, pork can be quite tough. i would try it again in a few weeks time xx

Congrats on that i guess its just trying things slowly and see how u get on... Do u think tinned tomatoes on toast would be better ?? As 1 tin of beans is nearly 400 cals and tomatoes only 62 ???? Keep safe xxxxx

Thanks Scott, the dietician said i could have tinned tomatoes.. but being a vegetable there is no potien in them... i only have 3 teaspoons of beans not the whole tin lol.
She said the Baked beans are better xx
I am gonna try a poached egg next week, ive had scrambled and omlettes and are ok with them x

I have tinned toms on toast and top it with grated mature cheddar and black pepper!Yum.

I have tinned toms on toast and top it with grated mature cheddar and black pepper!Yum.

ooh thats a good idea... bit like a pizza... i will have that xx

Has anyone tried this would love to know if it's any good

Serves 4

Ingredients

½ pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
½ TSP of Garlic Powder.

Method

Add three ripped leaves of Basil.
Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.
Spray a 10” Pancake pan with 2-3 Fry Light shots.
Press the mix into the pan and press down as thin as is possible.
Cook one side for 3 mins then turn over and cook other side for 3 mins.
Allow to cool.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.

Coat the Pizza base with the Passata,
Add your choice of “Toppings”

Cook 1 Red Onion with Balsamic Vinegar until soft.
This was my choice of Toppings Onion, 40g Mozzarella balls, 2 slices of Lean Ham, sprinkle with 28g of Mild Hard Cheddar and place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

Sainsburys Ham Sainsburys
7 wafer thin breaded ham slices Cows Milk Mozzarella

Per 2 Slices Per 40g

Cal=36 Kcal=81.6
Fat=0.4g Fat=6.16g
Total Sugar=0.6g Sugar=0.5g
Salt=0.8g Salt=0.43g
Sat Fat=trace Sat Fat=4.0g

Sainsburys
Mild Hard Cheese

Per 28g

Kcal=110
Fat=9.1g
Total Sugar=0.2g
Salt=0.5g
Sat Fat=6.2g

ooh Suzie....pizza nom nom.... will defo have to give that a try xx

I recently re discovered old fashioned melba toast...mmmm! 1 small slice of toasted on either side then cut carefully through the middle and return to grill to toast "bread" side. Ideal with continental meats or smaked salmon and a bit of philli....perfect heaven!

Back