• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Subway Wraps

It will girls. I still can't drink and eat, it's most uncomfortable.

Hi. I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm hoping solids will help reduce the meals I'm having each day. About 7 at present. But they are so tiny. It's like 4 spoons and I'm done. And the feeling comes immediately. Right between my ribs. Like I'm full to the brim. I tried water after once and there's literally no where for it to go!! I hope with time it levels out a bit. I need to increase my calorie intake! X

As it heals, u should be able to eat more...I can eat about 200 to 220 mls but similar to you, I have had to learn to keep my eating n drinking separately. Let me know how you get on...take care xxx

My consultant told me that the bypass severs the part of the stomach that produces ghrelin. That's why you don't or shouldn't feel physical hunger post bypass.

That's what I was told as well and as far as I know its the reason I no longer well hungry ever.

Paul

I does but the nerve heals. You appetite does come back. And in my case I healed quickly. Some people don't experience this in the first two years. Hence everyone is different.

i had a bypass in april 2012 and following the initial period of healing i began to feel hunger, physical hunger not head hunger. i still do, i feel hungry at apropriate times (when ive not eated for 4-5hours)

this is another case of "we are all different" - you may or may not lose your hunger from a bypass, its not a hard and fast rule. my surgeon certainly didnt tell me that i would, nor my dietician.

I didn't feel hunger at all on the beginning but I do now - not to same extent as b4 but I do get hungry. I'm 4 months post bypass so we r a different

Back