• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brown wee!!! And no poo... Do I jst need more water???

jj87

So I'm 4days out and my wee is now brown and still no poo... Advice and guidance needed please...

So I'm 4days out and my wee is now brown and still no poo... Advice and guidance needed please...
It sounds as if your severely dehydrated and the constipation could be due to the pain relief medication, I would seek advice about the dehydration for sure and you can also ask what best to take for constipation (although at 4 days you may not actually be constipated yet) good luck and keep us updated x

Don't sweat it jj I had my first poop today since the 12th. As Blingbabe quite rightly said the medications and stress can upset us little. I would be thinking of upping your fluids. But again it is early days give your body time. Sip, sip,sip xx

I am having same poops issue - had op same day.

My provider said she ideally wants me to poop today and told me to drink prune juice but forgot to get it.

Took some very gentle laxcertives tonight, hoping that will help but glad I am not alone.

Xx

You Deffo need to drink more I had my first poo about 8 days after my op...had to drink LOADS of prune juice and pop over the counter pills from boots... Very painful wouldn't wish it on anyone so my advise
Drink more
Drink prune juice
Get some over the counter pills
Get medical advise
All the best x

Yep what they all said.
Constipation is pretty much expected not least because if you aren't putting much in there isn't as much to come out and the LRD before surgery will also likely leave you constipated too. I know drinking is like a full time job in the early days but keep getting in as much as you can and it will get easier (plus you will feel better quicker as dehydration on its own is pretty horrible). I couldn't wait for my first 10mls after the op and then I couldn't even get that in to start with and I was so fed up but I just kept going and eventually my body started to cooperate. If you can't get laxatives in orally then glycerine suppositories from the chemist can help. It's not very glamerous or fun but this but doesn't last for ever xx

I agree with posts on here about dehydration lovely !!!! Your wee should be light yellow and this shows your drinking the right amount. Its difficult to get fluids in post op but its very important xxxx As for being constipated I use Movicol to get myself going when I cant go for a while but your bowels have been through the mill and is settling down. As your not eating much there wont be lots coming out so dont worry as stressing isnt god for you xxx

I agree with posts on here about dehydration lovely !!!! Your wee should be light yellow and this shows your drinking the right amount. Its difficult to get fluids in post op but its very important xxxx As for being constipated I use Movicol to get myself going when I cant go for a while but your bowels have been through the mill and is settling down. As your not eating much there wont be lots coming out so dont worry as stressing isnt god for you xxx
Great to hear from you Angelina, looking at you stats you've done amazingly well xxx :0clapper:

Back