• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Budge up you lot !! particularly big bum space needed on the losers bench :D

deeby

Hi all

WOO HOO im home at last :D

Thanks to everyone for your many kind messages , it means so much to know you're all here and wishing me well. Ive been overwhelmed by you all xxxx

A particularly BIG thanks to Bev and Rose for keeping you all updated and being there at the other end of the phone for fantastic support :D.

It was lovely to meet Rose and so kind of her to take time out of her day to come and visit little old me, what a lovely lady she is !!

Well, ive been in hosp since last Tuesday so to say i was glad to come home today is an understatement !!, the op went very well and i cant believe how quickly ive recovered to be honest. I spent soooooo much time worrying about it and i have to say it wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be so pre opers PLEASE dont worry too much i can honestly say i felt worse when i had my gal bladder out !

Thanks again my wls friends you are the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome home and welcome to the losers bench!

Way to go Dawn ! I can honestly say I've never seen anyone looking so good fresh out of major surgery ! It was a real pleasure to meet you and Lee on Sunday and I look forward to seeing you again soon. :flowers:Hope you're being good now ?:flirt2:

So glad you are safely home Dawn.. and I'm so delighted that you are doing so well...

After that dreadful evening when you arrived at the hospital... you have come on leaps and bounds and so glad it's all behind you and you can now move forward and get yourself going.

Be great if we can keep up with your diary and Jacqui (Dotty) and Kerry (Joanne 222) plus Poppet are only in their first days so you have lots of people who are at your stage...

Always at your side and sending you a loving hug... take good care precious and I am so glad it is behind you....

Take special care and rest, happy healing! xxx

thanks girls, i feel really good now im just trying to work out what im gonna eat for my liquid stage ??

I wasnt given any 'sheet' for what i can eat only given advice of : liquids, any that you could have through a straw ???
Does that mean yoghurt ?, sloppy cereal ??, fromage frais ?, need lots of ideas please :D

I was also surprised that they didnt even mention pretein let alone making sure i have protein all be it in a shake or powdered or anything ??

Confused . com :D

I can't understand why you weren't given anything ? I think you should ring Star and query this. I'll do you a copy of mine for you, but in the meantime, this it what it says for the first 4 weeks:

"It is important to start as you mean to go on. Please make apropriate food choices in the early stages following your bypass surgery. Food at this stage should be liquid or very runny to ensure a smooth conistency. Suggestions include:

• Low fat smoothies (preferably made yourself with skimmed milk, low fat yoghurt and fruit)
  • Real fruit and vegetable juices
  • Low fat yoghurt
  • Low fat soups (avoid high fat creamy soups and those made with cheese)"
I suggest you also read the excellent advice here: http://www.bariatriccookery.com/recipes
And if you haven't already got it, buy her book, "Return to Slender"

Don't hesitate to ask about anything... xx

Thanks Rose
No, i was a bit dissapointed to be honest they told me wverything i needed to know was in the original booklet thing they gave me at the initial appt before id even had my info session but when i got home and looked at it there was nothing really, the booklet was for people considering wls and nothing re protein at all !!

I didnt see mr hasani or Star just his 'people' and was sent home !!
XXX

Welcome home.... hope yr comfy in yr new seat. x

:D Hi Linzi
I am very comfy thankyou hun, i feel so lucky, ive breezed through it so far :D
xxx

Me too chick... I'm off for my post op check tomorrow & I'm like... Oh yeah I had an op didn't i! x

Lol yes i know aren't we blessed :D so far so good !! xx
Speedy recovery Dawn - take it easy!

tranquil

thanks hun i will !! :D xx

Glad you are back, you seem to have been in for ages, was it open?

I hope you can get some decent answers about the diet. Soups and milk are your friends right now.

Thanks zns, no i didnt have open just a very over protective surgeon lol but thats good i suppose, ill be posting my full hospital experience in my diary soon xx

hiya dawn, glad your ok and home and well - happy farting and wishing you a fast recovery hun xxx

Hi Dawn, welcome home.....I just got my space warmed up on the loosers bench but seeing as its you Ill move along :D xx

hiya dawn, glad your ok and home and well - happy farting and wishing you a fast recovery hun xxx

lmao thanks Keeley and i certainly have been !! lol ;)

Hi Dawn, welcome home.....I just got my space warmed up on the loosers bench but seeing as its you Ill move along :D xx
Aww thanks dotty and thanks for keeping my spot warm it sure is a comfy bench :D xxx

Hi Dawn, it's great to see you are home. Like Jaqui, I'll be moving up the bench for you.

Rebirth xx

Back