• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Butlins in Minehead, I was one of the skinnies !!!

Fat Again

I've just returned from a 4 night break at butlins in Minehead. My little boy had a fantastic time, and so did I, to be able to run around with him, and play with him on climbing frames and swings is incredible.

One thing I really did notice was how so many people really are overweight, especially women. Im not sure if I noticed it more because I've lost weight, or if it really is true there is an obesity epidemic. I really was one of the skinny minnies !!!

That must have felt amazing! I find myself noticing larger people more often now. Is it like when you're pregnant, and suddenly everybody is?:D

Butlins Minehead holds some special memories for me. I'm glad you had a lovely time.

Glad you had amazing time!!

About noticing fat people around more - can totally agree. And I have such a feeling, wanting to go and tell all of them about bypass. I just know how they are feeling, and that constant struggle: puttign weight on, trying to shift it, feeling miserable, putting even more on... For years and years and years... Just want to help them...

Also when I see obese kids.... My heart breaks for them... Because I have been there.... Trying not to show all the pain after being called "fat cow" and "lardie"... Getting agressive and trying to be friends with "cool" kids so you are bullied less... Picking on a child with learning difficulty, not because you are angry and violent, but simply to divert attention from yourself to someone even more vulnerable....
Just want to go up to the parents buying them fish'n'chips and shake them as much as I can!! What ARE you doing to your child!..:cry::cry::cry:

Back