• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not the reaction I expected !

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi everyone, now I have my date for my op, I though I better tell my nearest & dearest. My hubby obviously knows & has been a great support (don't tell him) & my eldest daughter too, but my son has just graduated from Uni so while it was all going on he was doing his finals so did not want to distract him. I also did not tell my youngest daughter as she has just had a baby & had a touch of baby blues, sooo, today I took the bull by the horns & told my son ... well my well adjusted, self sufficient, gorgeous boy, CRIED. :cry: He has not cried since he was 9 & is not really an emotional type so to say I was taken aback, is putting it mildly. He went to his room & I just did not know how to comfort him as at 22 he is usually the one with the sensible head. Sooo after an hour, he went out & left me & my husband looking at each other :confused: He came back 20mins later with a massive bouquet for me & said some really, really lovely things ... now guess who is crying :cry: :cry: Not telling my daughter as she is in the Bahama's & does not come back until the 9th by when it will all be over & I will be home ... I was not to know I would get a cancellation & intended telling them nearer the time ... God ... best laid plans :(:( AND I have a cold coming :wave_cry: but on the bright side i have done 2 days milk diet with nothing worse than a headache which could be related to the cold ... right, finished. Still emotional but strangely happy ... :):):)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, now I have my date for my op, I though I better tell my nearest & dearest. My hubby obviously knows & has been a great support (don't tell him) & my eldest daughter too, but my son has just graduated from Uni so while it was all going on he was doing his finals so did not want to distract him. I also did not tell my youngest daughter as she has just had a baby & had a touch of baby blues, sooo, today I took the bull by the horns & told my son ... well my well adjusted, self sufficient, gorgeous boy, CRIED. :cry: He has not cried since he was 9 & is not really an emotional type so to say I was taken aback, is putting it mildly. He went to his room & I just did not know how to comfort him as at 22 he is usually the one with the sensible head. Sooo after an hour, he went out & left me & my husband looking at each other :confused: He came back 20mins later with a massive bouquet for me & said some really, really lovely things ... now guess who is crying :cry: :cry: Not telling my daughter as she is in the Bahama's & does not come back until the 9th by when it will all be over & I will be home ... I was not to know I would get a cancellation & intended telling them nearer the time ... God ... best laid plans :(:( AND I have a cold coming :wave_cry: but on the bright side i have done 2 days milk diet with nothing worse than a headache which could be related to the cold ... right, finished. Still emotional but strangely happy ... :):):)
oh bless your son, did he have no idea at all? how lovely to bring you flowers :flowers:

oh bless your son, did he have no idea at all? how lovely to bring you flowers :flowers:

No, none ... he only moved back home from Uni in August & still works a lot of hours at the place he has worked all through his course so has not been here when I have had appointments. I realise now what a shock it must have been to him & am just grateful his reaction was supportive as for a while we really did not know. Typical of him to go away & digest it on his own before saying anything, but God I was scared ... :( xx

Last edited:
No, none ... he only moved back home from Uni in August & still works a lot of hours at the place he has worked all through his course so has not been here when I have had appointments. I realise now what a shock it must have been to him & am just grateful his reaction was supportive as for a while we really did not know. Typical of him to go away & digest it on his own before saying anything, but God I was scared ... :( xx
yeah i bet you was bless ya, but it all turned out ok :) when i told my daughter she went mad and said, in her words "well i dont support you". ah well, she'll get over it lol

Your so lucky to have the support. My hubby wudnt speak to me the day before the op.
He was so against it after everyone felt the need to tell him all the horror stories in the world, as soon as I was out of theatre he was fine but wud hav been nice not to hav to hav done it on my own x

aw twinkle what a sad but nice post. telling your children must been hard i had to drag my kids off me morning off op. but they only 10,11,13 so was heart breaking , but for your son to be so upset tells me one thing, you have an amazing son who must love you more than words can say. imagine your daughter will think the same. just remember this is to make u healthier, happier and to be around with them more. so try n stay focused and make the most of ya lovely family xx

Bless him. He sounds lovely, is he single?...haha :)

I am so pleased for you hun. xxx

Your so lucky to have the support. My hubby wudnt speak to me the day before the op.
He was so against it after everyone felt the need to tell him all the horror stories in the world, as soon as I was out of theatre he was fine but wud hav been nice not to hav to hav done it on my own x
im not looking forward to doing it on my own :( but ive got twink at the end of a phone :D

well done for having such a supportive family , they obviously find it hard to see you undergo such a huge thing but the years to come after they will be forever thankful for as will have you around a lot longer than they dared to hope for (but would never say)xx good luck

You must be so proud of him.....what a wonderful young man a real credit to you and your husband:)

I know, Happy & that is precisely why I kept it from them until now, as other people ALWAYS have an opinion & did not want them worrying. My husband was always fine with it as long as I was absolutely sure in my own mind that it was what I wanted ... even now he said if I want to change my mind it is not a problem .. WHAT ... no way, I want to live a longer, healthier life for all my family. Glad your husband has come round & you have his support now .. better late than never xxx

im not looking forward to doing it on my own :( but ive got twink at the end of a phone :D

Always, honey ... :) your daughter will come round eventually, but having come so close to what I thought was going to be a heartbreaking day, I really feel for you. You will not be alone as I am only 3 hours away & hopefully will be back driving by then, mwah mwah xxx :):)

What a lovely thoughtful son you have...made me shed a little tear bless him x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks everyone ... I don't really cry easily but I am having trouble stopping ... I really did not realise what it would mean to him. My daughter has messaged me on FB an hour ago & as soon as I saw the notification I thought my son had told her & was really worried as you can't hug someone who is not even on the same continent ... but no, she was just checking on her dad who was in hospital last week, phew.. wow, talk about emotional roller coaster xxx

Maz, I remember the morning of your op & how upset your little boy was & was really upset for you, but I though now mine are all adults it would be easier ... got that wrong. :( I have one daughter who is really pleased for me & has supported me all along, my son who has proved himself to be a really caring, sensitive man & another daughter who I know will be upset that she did not know before the op but I can't tell her knowing she is still upset about going on hols when her Dad was in hospital & is messaging all the time to check on him. God I am glad I don't have to explain to anyone else ... it is much harder than I thought :wave_cry: xx

Caren you are never alone hun while you have us here!
What a lovely young man a credit to you both.
My sons have supported me and are so proud and happy for me.Watch how pleased your family will be in 6 months time!Maz x

Back