• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not the reaction I expected !

Brought a tear to my eye and thats not easy to do!
Your son sounds like a real treasure.
Im lucky my hubby is behind me as i have no one else in the world but we are there for each other through good and bad :)

Brought a tear to my eye and thats not easy to do!
Your son sounds like a real treasure.
Im lucky my hubby is behind me as i have no one else in the world but we are there for each other through good and bad :)

Awww Flower, So glad you have support from your hubby ... here I go again :cry: (sure someone has slipped an onion up my shirt while I wasn't looking.) You have us all, blub blub xxx

My daughter is home from holiday today ... the day I came back from hospital, so took the bull by the horns & told her, allbeit over the phone :eek:. She was lovely & very happy for me & them as it should mean I will be here longer for them. Don't know why I was worried ... so that's it now, everyone I intend telling has been told :D xxx

My daughter is home from holiday today ... the day I came back from hospital, so took the bull by the horns & told her, allbeit over the phone :eek:. She was lovely & very happy for me & them as it should mean I will be here longer for them. Don't know why I was worried ... so that's it now, everyone I intend telling has been told :D xxx
oh im so glad it went well :) xxx

Mwah Caren ... thanks babe & for your texts ... cheered me up no end although bit bummed that the wifi was down :( xxx

Aww bless what a lovely story good luck x

Oh my goodness, have been at the hospital today with my friend who had her bypass this afternoon.
Came on here and was reading un read posts. It made me cry!!! My husband just asked me what's wrong lol. My son is like yours, I have always told them every step of the way what I am doing (2 yrs so far) and now I am on the last leg, waiting for a date, they are starting to get worried for me. I have decided I wont tell them when I get my date, I'm going to get my hubby to let them know when I'm all done and dusted to save them any more worry.
Congratulations on your surgery, and here's to a pain free and swift recovery xx

best whishes

:Dawww what beautifull thoughtfull children you have raised.:D just read your post from befor your op:cry::cry: my son is all for me getting my opp as my health is not to good:( that with my weight i carnt move around as i would like to:( he i 22 and at uni also. so he is understanding.

twinkel good luck and best whishes:girlpower:sending you :vibes::vibes: speedy recovery vibes.:D

Aww how sweet!!!! Just gone a bit misty eyed!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

I never doubted for a moment that she wouldn't be pleased for you. You obviously have a very caring and loving family unit :):)

Now enjoy the whole lot of them :)

SARAH S said:
I never doubted for a moment that she wouldn't be pleased for you. You obviously have a very caring and loving family unit :):)

Now enjoy the whole lot of them :)

Mine just thinks I'm weak and should go on a diet lol

from me phone :D

Oh Caren, I'm sure they'll come round. You have been such a positive inspiring person on here. They are probably worried for you and unsure how else to say it.

Your time will be here soon and then when its all done and dusted you see they'll be even more proud of you :)

SARAH S said:
Oh Caren, I'm sure they'll come round. You have been such a positive inspiring person on here. They are probably worried for you and unsure how else to say it.

Your time will be here soon and then when its all done and dusted you see they'll be even more proud of you :)

Yeah she'll be ok when I'm done I guess, and yes she's worried, she thinks I'm gonna die lol she's a strong headed little madam and she's always right, like her dad lol

Hi everyone, now I have my date for my op, I though I better tell my nearest & dearest. My hubby obviously knows & has been a great support (don't tell him) & my eldest daughter too, but my son has just graduated from Uni so while it was all going on he was doing his finals so did not want to distract him. I also did not tell my youngest daughter as she has just had a baby & had a touch of baby blues, sooo, today I took the bull by the horns & told my son ... well my well adjusted, self sufficient, gorgeous boy, CRIED. :cry: He has not cried since he was 9 & is not really an emotional type so to say I was taken aback, is putting it mildly. He went to his room & I just did not know how to comfort him as at 22 he is usually the one with the sensible head. Sooo after an hour, he went out & left me & my husband looking at each other :confused: He came back 20mins later with a massive bouquet for me & said some really, really lovely things ... now guess who is crying :cry: :cry: Not telling my daughter as she is in the Bahama's & does not come back until the 9th by when it will all be over & I will be home ... I was not to know I would get a cancellation & intended telling them nearer the time ... God ... best laid plans :(:( AND I have a cold coming :wave_cry: but on the bright side i have done 2 days milk diet with nothing worse than a headache which could be related to the cold ... right, finished. Still emotional but strangely happy ... :):):)
In a years time he won't recognise you.
I had a sleeve in January now 6 stone lighter and 5-6 sizes less and last visit to see my son he was amazed at how I slim looked, he has never seen me this slim since he was a baby (26yrs ago) bonus now is he is getting married next year so I won't feel so embarrassed on wedding photos.

I had a sleeve in January now 6 stone lighter and 5-6 sizes less and last visit to see my son he was amazed at how I slim looked, he has never seen me this slim since he was a baby (26yrs ago) bonus now is he is getting married next year so I won't feel so embarrassed on wedding photos.

This is one of my few regrets, My middle daughter got married two years ago and I was a fat mother of the bride not wanting to be in any photos all hot and sweaty, wish I'd done it before but hey ho, cant changed history

What a great thread and such lovely caring people there are around.

I decided not to say anything to my family (mu mum and dad are no longer here) but didn't tell anyone other than hubby's mother the day I was going in to hospital and all I got was "That's a bit drastic isn't it, what do you want to go and do that for?". She never even came to see me and didn't come round to the house until I had been home for a week. Wished I'd never bothered.

Hubby on the other hand has been fantastic. Bless him.

You have a lovely family there Twinkle. xXx

What a great thread and such lovely caring people there are around.

I decided not to say anything to my family (mu mum and dad are no longer here) but didn't tell anyone other than hubby's mother the day I was going in to hospital and all I got was "That's a bit drastic isn't it, what do you want to go and do that for?". She never even came to see me and didn't come round to the house until I had been home for a week. Wished I'd never bothered.

Hubby on the other hand has been fantastic. Bless him.

You have a lovely family there Twinkle. xXx

Ohh Neeta, don't take your mum in laws lack of compassion upset you. She is from a different generation, who just bit the bullet & lived with things, as after living through a war, I guess being overweight may seem a small thing to worry about . We don't have to bite the bullet though & should live for the day, so good on yer for doing what is ultimately the best for you & your hubby. mwah xxx :):)

This is one of my few regrets, My middle daughter got married two years ago and I was a fat mother of the bride not wanting to be in any photos all hot and sweaty, wish I'd done it before but hey ho, cant changed history

Me too, Sarah ... but we both still have a bite of the cherry ... you with your little girl & me with my son xxx :):)

That is lovely Denise ... so glad you are more confident & hope you have a fabulous day at your sons wedding next year. My children have never known me slim ... slimmer but not slim & although there are no guarantees I will ever achieve 'slimmness' per se, I will have a damn good try. One of the things my son told me was that he had never felt embarrassed by me in the least & was always proud I was his mum. So much has come from my shot at getting this operation, not least of all knowing just how wonderful my babies are. xxx :)

Hugs to you sweetheart ... there will always be people who won't see our side of this but am sad your daughter is one of them. Can sort of see why though, knowing about her dad ... she must be scared. Just you go on to prove to her it is the best thing you could ever do for her & YOU... we are here to support you 150%, babe xxxx :)

Back