• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how many holes and injections?

hopelesscase

Just had an email from a friend who had a bypass last week and she has 7 holes that is 4 left to right under boobs then 3 left to right under belly button,have had to have injections and socks for 8 day's in total . Shes not had her gallbladder removed and did a low cal liver shrinking diet. anyone else got more than 5 holes?
And how long do you normally have the the socks and injections for?

Exactly the same for me; 7 small incisions, socks and injections for a week but all extremely easy. I was done 2 weeks ago and everything is almost healed now and, apart from no hunger pangs, I don't feel as though I have had anything done. In fact, I was operated on on Thursday and by Sunday I didn't feel as though i had just had an operation! Good luck and don't worry, it will be fine.

I had 5, one under my left breast, and then 4 across my tummy.

Injections - heparin for 7 days post op, so 2 days in hospital and then 5 days at home.

I couldn't self inject, and I couldn't let my husband do it, so I went to the walk in centre a couple of times and then to the nurse at a GP's for the rest. They were happy to do it for me.

The injection is nothing, you get a bit of an ache a couple of minutes after but it soon goes.

My incisions were held with surgical staples, they came out 8 days post op and again that was done by the nurse at the GPs.

Surgical stockings - I was supposed to wear these for 2 weeks but gave up after 4 days (from when I was discharged). Mine didn't fit me properly an were bunching around my ankles which was extremely painful! I was on holiday with my friend who is a senior physio and she said if they didn't fit properly they would do more harm than good and so long as I mobilised sufficiently it would be ok.

With the injections, if you are like me and can't do them yourself then ask the hospital for a letter which states dose etc for the nurses. I had to give them a copy of the discharge sheet as hubby was supposed to be doing it and it was hard for them to read. Got by though :D

Hi Hoplesscase - I had my op last saturday, so i'm now 4 days post op, other than a little rumbling down below and the obvious holes in my chest i feel no different, i've not taken any pain meds now for 2 days as i dont need them, i take an anti acid tablet morning and night and have 5 days worth of DVT injections to take, i'm needle phobic but they are so easy and painless even i've been able to manage doing them. My surgeon cut 4 holes in a straight line just under my man boobs, and one on the right side slightly lower, and i have to wear the highly attractive socks for a couple of weeks :)

Take care
Richard

same here 4 slight scratches and injection for 7 days self administered for 5 had to wear soz for 6 weeks but only last 2 as started to wrinkle like norma batty lol

julie

Exactly the same for me; 7 small incisions, socks and injections for a week but all extremely easy. I was done 2 weeks ago and everything is almost healed now and, apart from no hunger pangs, I don't feel as though I have had anything done. In fact, I was operated on on Thursday and by Sunday I didn't feel as though i had just had an operation! Good luck and don't worry, it will be fine.

I was exactly the same as red red wine. Apparantley 7 is the profs lucky number !!!! :giggle:

Red, are you who i think you are (the lift home?)

I was trying to think of a good user name and UB 40 were on at the time, so even though I don't like red wine, I chose this one! lol

Hi i have 5 small cuts which over the last couple of months have left only tiny scars. I think it depends on your size and whether your liver is enlarged as to how many the need to make. Certainly nothing to worry about x

Thanks again every one. I know when i saw Dr New he said they usually make 5 incisions so i was just a bit shocked that she had so many. But every one is different. Got to admit im a bit aprehensive about seeing the surgeon because when i has ny gallbladder out i had open surgery and ended up with a 8 inch scar because i had adhesions from having my appendix out when i was 11. i think i have a couple more adhesions as i get a couple of pulling twinges occasionaly when i move in a particular way. So im worried in case he says i need open surgery and my recovery is then longer. anyone else had open sergery?
Hc

Back