• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Been quite a good day for me food wise. We stopped over at my mams last night and had Sunday dinner there.

b. - ready brek
l. chicken, mashed potatoe, carrot , swede , two sprouts and plenty gravy
d - will be having beans on toast

snacks - banana , cheese/crackers

drinks tea, four home made latte's

I was just looking at my stats and have realised that I only have another 7lbs to go, and I will be in the century club!!!!! It just doesn't seem possible hundred pounds almost gone!! It sort of puts my slipping the othe day back into perspective.. I am really going to try for the whole 100lbs by christmas so that gives me something to aim for short term and to focus on...

Amanda, I thought exactly the same with my weight loss when I approached it , now only 2lbs off 8 stone. Only had op in July and still at times cant get used to the new me. Sometimes look at pics and think that aint me

You really have lost so much so quickly retfordmag!!! Its a heck of an achievment though. This really is the most awesome journey even with the ups and downs I would do it again in a heartbeat

So pleased its working for us all, i know its slower for some of us but we can only achieve what our bodies wil let us xx we all doin fab we will fall from time to time but hey we just have to rein it in and start gain x

I'm going to start posting again as I have been finding it really hard to not reach for really really bad choices the last few weeks, so thought of I write it down for everyone to see, I myself can see what an idiot I'm being and it might shame me enough to change my ways. I've done quite well so far I've lost 7st 7lb in 10 months which I know I couldn't have done without my bypass, but I could have done so much better if I just stopped making bad food choices.
So here's today's menu
B - PHD protein drink 2 scoops.
L - John west light lunch
D - will be having pork loin fat removed, with beans and a little mash
S - 1 packet salt & vinegar kettle chips (40g bag)
4 sweets from tin of roses.

It doesn't look too bad but believe me today is a good day compared to some in the last few weeks.

So there's the end of my confession. Any arse kickings will be well deserved and greatly received as I know I so need them to shame me into changing my ways.
Xxxxxxxxx

Where is your fruit n veg, do you drink water? Thats whats misssing, maybe if you increased them you could wean yourself off the crisps and sweets just cut down to 1 a day, n maybe go to lower cal crisps like pom bears etc. Nothing wrong with a small treat now and then as long as it is small its easy to get back into the routine of etaing that stuff gain sometimes I am tempted , but always make sure I have me fruit n veg and proetin.

Menu today-
B Multi seeded brown bread toasted with chic philly
S grapes
L Cucumber with pate on, 1 ww yoghurt
D mince and onion, potato, cheese(shepherds pie) cabbage n carrots
water tea and coffee

Evening everyone, here's my menu for today.

B - Petit filous strawberry mousse.
L - 2 x ryvita multigrain with tuna and onion.
T - 1/2 a pork chop, carrot, swede, broccoli & gravy.
S - the other half of above.

Drinks - tea, coffee, water and nas squash. Only did a short walk to the shop today but I'm going back to work on Thursday, so my exercise will increase :)

Welcome Tasha, will be great to have you share with us. I'd just follow up on Chrisa advice, add vegetables and fruit to your daily menu and keep the crisps and sweets to a minimum (which you might do anyway). I tend to have low fat cheese and ryvitas or grapes as my snacks or a 4th meal if you like. They are quite filling and stop me reaching for things like crisps which are my nemesis. I also plan everything I'm going to eat in a day stick to it. Obviously not everyday goes to plan but It's good to try. Good job on the protein :)

7lb from your century Amanda, so excited for you, I think it's a really good idea to focus on small goals rather than the big picture or it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

I've had a day when I've just had fluid again, my pouch is being a right git at the moment and keep randomly rejecting foods I'm totally ok with, like chicken, I've been able to eat chicken since 8 weeks post op. Oh well maybe a day of rest and it will be normal again tomorrow. Who knows? :)

Sorry fellas but I think all pouches are of the male variety, can be cantankerous and will only do what they say haha hope its settled bit more Shelley for tomorrow xx

hope your pouch settles back down again shelleymarie!!

Todays menu:

B 100mls skim milk & 100gms pineapple
L 2 sesame ryvitas, 30gms L/F philly & cucumber
D 150gms king prawns, salad & 15ml L/Fat dressing
S 80gms Strawberries
S Penguin (bad choice)

Protein 79gms - Cals 670 - Carbs 46gms - Fat 14gms
Drinks - 1 litre NAS - 1 litre Water - 25gms protein shot - cup black coffee - 50ml prune juice

Food has been so so for me today.

Up early as had to go get wreaths for dad/grandparents graves for xmas so didnt have anything to eat until about 1pm! Naughty I know

Brunch - baked beans with chicken left over from Sunday lunch (different)
Dinner - minced beef hot pot with carrots/swede
Snacks - banana and pkt snack a jacks

Drinks - Four skinny lattes, and one coffee , water

At least I am getting some protein in from the milk

Thanks chrisa and shellymarie for the advice. Water and veggies defo need to be worked back into my menu, I'm going to get loads of fruit today. I'm not very good with water or juice I always forget, sounds silly I know, but unless I'm in the gym I don't really drink it I seem to rely on tea and coffee. So my goal for today is to eat fruit and veg and make myself drink more.
Also the planning meals sounds good too, so am also going to try that.

Wow I sound like a child not knowing what to do. Sorry ladies and gents I'm not really and in reality I do know what to do, it's just I seem to have lost my focus. Thanks for the help all.x

It happens to the best of us, we qll know what we are doing but sometimes we just get side tracked and forget how to get back. Todays menu-
B MSBB WITH SPREAD
S grapes
L cucumber and pate, banana
D chicken in bread crumbs cooked in oven, spoon of mushy peas and only managed 1 chip.
Tea, coffee n water

Evening everyone, hope your all well. Here's my menu for today.

B - WW bacon and poached egg.
L - 2 x ryvita multi grain with tuna and onion.
S - 100g of garlic sausage.
T - Chicken and vegetable stir fry.

Drinks - tea, coffee, water, NAS squash. Been really lazy today, no exercise.

Heyy everyone... My eating has gone a bit out of control past couple weeks. I hace biscuits, chocolates, crisps , sweets and all sorts in staff room at work. I should be controlling myself but i havnt been and trying to focus back on losing, thankfuly i havnt gained but havnt lost anything either in 3 weeks

Today had been s much better day and im bk on focus, hope so

Breakfast: nature valley crunchy bar + starbucks skinny cappucino

Lunch: homemade tuna pasta + 1 choco biscuit

Snack: nature valley crunch bar

Dinner ( later) : boneless chiken steamed + veg + gravy

So far 1.5 NAS hoping to get another 0.5 fluids

Soni, i totally get where your coming from, as you can see from my earlier post i have also been finding the last few weeks hard, making really bad food choices. I'm trying really hard to get focus back and hoping being honest and posting on here will give me the kick up the arse i need. maybe you could do the same?.
Well today's been a much better day for me, I haven't managed to get to Pilates as my daughter has her Xmas disco tonight, so I will do some extra lengths tomorrow when I go swimming to compensate
B- PHD protein shake, 2 scoops
L- celery and garlic soup
D- 5 Melba toast with light Philly and 100g ham
S- banana, apple, 100g ham

Kcal 824. protein 88g

Also remembered water today have managed about 1lt
All of your advice and guidance has been greatly received thanks.

Mayamoo here, here is my menu

Breakfast - pack plain melba toast (in car on way to work from drs)
Lunch - half a small pack prawns, chopped cuecumber, thousand island dressing
Dinner - steamed veg, stuffing wrapped in bacon (three chunks)

Snack - eight pretzels, choc from my advent calendar, two after dinner mints

No more choccy (bar my calendar - it appears I don't dump! I only have a v small amount n wouldn't eat a choc bar as such but I'm worried :( )

Back