• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Hey everyone. Glad everyone is doing ok and trying hard, that's what we have to keep doing, try and get it right and learn when we do and when we don't :) I've managed to eat something today so that's good :)

Breakfast - Ham and pineapple.
Lunch - Greek salad my friend made me which was lovely.
Dinner - Was quite full from lunch so had some cheese and grapes.

Normal tea, 2 litres of water. My exercise has been slack lately due to being busy and knee pain. Bit worried how I'm going to fit it all in when I'm working full time. I'm going to have to try hard.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow :) x

Mayamoo here, here is my menu

Breakfast - pack plain melba toast (in car on way to work from drs)
Lunch - half a small pack prawns, chopped cuecumber, thousand island dressing
Dinner - steamed veg, stuffing wrapped in bacon (three chunks)

Snack - eight pretzels, choc from my advent calendar, two after dinner mints

No more choccy (bar my calendar - it appears I don't dump! I only have a v small amount n wouldn't eat a choc bar as such but I'm worried :( )

Hey Mayamoo, glad to see you, been missing your updates. I'm not sure I dump either as had a few very sweet drinks on holiday (not watered down that I'd never do at home) but I guess you just don't know if you do or not. You might not dump on a standard amount of sugar but if you went all out then you probably would so that fear is still there, well it is for me. It's all so unpredictable so I wouldn't ever be sure you don't dump, which I think is a good thing :) xx

Yes just what I was thinking Shelley. May I can have small amount but boy just that little bit too much just tips the balance, small glass of pure oj nealy killed me water came out of every oraface I never knew I had my pj's were soaking wet, had to have a shower and change of clothes, once it wore off felt dizzy and light headed, no pain though tend to get it one way or another, thankfully not altogether. xJust when you think it doesn't happen it does, keeps you on your toes. x

I've only every dumped like that once and that was when I really went over the top with that chocolate cake episode, and that is NOT going to happen again definitely.. I can manage a chocolate bar and no dumping or ill effects whatsoever, so I really do have to try and use my will power to keep stuff like that to a bare minimum, and most of the time I am succeeding. Yesterday I had a penguin bar from a multi pack but it was only 106 cals and about 12.5 gms of sugars & carbs, so minimal damage, but nevertheless not a great food choice..

Todays menu:
B 100mls skim milk
L 1 x fishfinger & 3 Oven chips
D Healthy living Gammon steak, cheese sauce & Pineapple
S Carrot salad
80gms Strawberries

Protein 76gms - Cals 710 - Carbs 30gms - Fat 23gms
Drinks 1.5 litre NAS - 25gm Protein shot - cup black coffee - 50mls Prune Juice.

First time I have tried chips and could only eat 3, but in truth didn't enjoy them very much...

Breakfast - shape zero sprinkle start right, sprinkle raisins
Lunch - chopped cuecumber, king prawns,thousand island dressing
Dinner - slow cooked minted mince lamb with potatoes
Snack - eight pretzels, one shortbread biscuit eaten in halves over the course of day

Tea, water

todays menu-
B msbb with spread- toasted
S grapes
L cucumber n pate, ww yoghurt
D 1 BOWL home made broth
S chicken

water, tea

Hi all, my menu today -

Breakfast - Half a low fat bacon medallion sandwich.
Lunch - Half fat cheese and 2 crackers with pickle onions.
Dinner - 2 small rf sausages with peas, carrots and aunt bessies yorkshire.

Tea, waters, fresh clementine juice.

Hi all, here's my menu for today.

B - WW bacon, poached egg.
L - 2 x multigrain ryvita, laughing cow light x 2. 2 x slices of garlic sausage.
T - Rump steak burger, 25g mature cheddar, 15g red onion, chipotle, 30g of mixed salad.
S - 6 grapes, 2 x slices of apple.

Drinks - Tea, coffee, water, NAS squash.

Hi all, just had to share my weigh in with you today. I lost 9lb this week and now in the 16's. I can only think it's because I've had a couple of days when I couldn't eat much but still, I'm amazed! Not been in the 16's since I was a teenager :D Also now according to the BMI scale I'm no longer super obese, just morbidly obese! lol well at least I've dropped the super bit and now I can work on getting off the morbid bit :D have a good day everyone :) x

Fab news Shelley, I lost the pound I put on last week and ots me birthday weekend this weekend so 2 nights out coming up the 2 christmas meals next week God help me.

Todays menu-

B Ham, cheese wrap
S grapes
L small bowl broth, ww yoghurt
S banana
D bowl of broth

water, tea, coffee
I must say, I am smelling rather fragrant with broth yesterday and twice today xx

Well done Shelley that brill !! Here's my menu for today. First day back at work today too!! I've Just weighed myself and i'm now 18st 9lb. Its the first time ive been in the 18's for 5 years!!!!!

B - 2 x multigrain ryvita, 2 laughing cow light, 30g of pastrami.
L - 100g prawns in light sauce. 10g of mixed salad leaves
T - 3oz of steak burger, onion, 20g cheese, chipotle sauce.

No snacks today and I was sick after my tea.
Drinks - Tea x2, coffee, NAS squash, water.

79g of protein, 30g of carbs. Is that too much carbs?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone and well done with the loses too. All doing well at the min. I'm still smiling :D Another great NSV for me was to be able to get in my college hoodie for the first time. I got one before I graduated year and half ago because I wanted it to remember it by but the biggest size was well off my size but just got it on tonight and it fits well. Will have to take a pic and send it to my college friends. Think they will be amazed.

Menu today -
Breakfast - boiled egg, rf bacon medallion, mushroom.
Lunch - Pineapple and dairylea ritz dunker.
Dinner - extra lean Mince, gravy and cabbage.

Tea and water.

79g of protein, 30g of carbs. Is that too much carbs?

No I wouldn't say that at all. I sometimes have up to 60g a day, but that does include carbs from fruit. When you think the average person is having around 180-250g of carbs a day, anything under that is considered low carb, you go under 100g's a day and that is consider very low carb. I think it's a personal choice where you decide to cap it and for me that was 60g. As long as you are getting your protein, which you are 79g is great then it's fine. You can always check with your provider for a target on carbs but mine is very lax on carbs and encourage a balance, they don't mind us eating a little bread or potato etc. as long as we get our protein and veg too. So like I say I choose to limit mine but probably not as much as some people. I'm still losing but if I wasn't I might consider lowering it again. Hope that helps a bit :) x

Brilliant weight loss shelleymarie!!! you must be feeling great right now!! Well done Paula for getting into the 18 stones, and to everyone else for their losses...
I am the odd one out this week unfortunately!! Second time since the bypass I haven't lost any weight at all. Scales are firmly sticking to 14stone 8lbs, and haven't changed all week.. Oh well I suppose I must just take it in my stride and not let it get me down too much.. I so wanted to get to 100lbs loss by christmas, but it looks highly unlikely now.... I suppose it's that chocolate cake coming back to haunt me lol!!!

Well Amanda think yourself lucky, you are only 2lb heavier than me and are doing much better than me so don't worry bout the stalls they come and go i stalled for around 6 weeks at one point then it suddenly dropped 4 then 1 n 2 n 1 then nutha stall, its just the body adjusting to fewer calories. xx you are doing great. think my body has had enough x People that know me think i have lost enough n don't realise that i am still obese haha xx

Brilliant weight loss shelleymarie!!! you must be feeling great right now!! Well done Paula for getting into the 18 stones, and to everyone else for their losses...
I am the odd one out this week unfortunately!! Second time since the bypass I haven't lost any weight at all. Scales are firmly sticking to 14stone 8lbs, and haven't changed all week.. Oh well I suppose I must just take it in my stride and not let it get me down too much.. I so wanted to get to 100lbs loss by christmas, but it looks highly unlikely now.... I suppose it's that chocolate cake coming back to haunt me lol!!!

Thanks my dear. I wouldn't be so sure you won't get your century by xmas. Any time I've not lost a lot or stayed the same I've had big losses in the weeks after. It's almost like the body tries to even up the weight loss. I've had some really good weeks lately so I'm pretty sure it will calm down soon. If you don't get it by Christmas, I'm sure you will get it as your first new year wish. I found the last few before the century or any goal seem to get to take the longest to get. Don't worry hun, it will come sooner than you think. You are doing fab. 14st 8lb! that is brilliant, just think how far you've come :) xx

Thanks for the words of encouragement chrisa and shelleymarie.. I dont know what I would do if I didn't have the people here to share my ups and downs with...
xxx

Well Amanda think yourself lucky, you are only 2lb heavier than me and are doing much better than me so don't worry bout the stalls they come and go i stalled for around 6 weeks at one point then it suddenly dropped 4 then 1 n 2 n 1 then nutha stall, its just the body adjusting to fewer calories. xx you are doing great. think my body has had enough x People that know me think i have lost enough n don't realise that i am still obese haha xx

Chrisa! don't forget that you are a lot taller than I am so look much better at this sort of weight than I do... I think you have done amazingly well, and I am sure you still have more losses to come xxx

Back